4- Gold and Goblins

Diagon Alley is truly an amazing place. So many extraordinary things, so much magical things to get. 

"Alright, well, I think Loki knows the place here too, so I will be on my way. I look forward to see you in school, Skyler. In this letter is written down everything you need to know," professor McGonagall nods to the company, hands Skyler the letter and disappears into thin air. 

"How do you know so much about the Wizarding World, Loki?" Skyler asks, immediately noticing that Frigga and Loki both tense. 

"I'll explain that to you in a minute, but first we need to get some money," Loki walks to a huge snowy white building in the centre of the street, towering above all the shops. 'Gringotts Bank' It reads. Something's written on the golden doors, in silver. It's a warning:

'ENTER, STRANGER, BUT TAKE HEED

OF WHAT AWAITS THE SIN OF GREED,

FOR THOSE WHO TAKE, BUT DO NOT EARN,

MUST PAY MOST DEARLY IN THEIR TURN,

SO IF YOU NEED TO SEEK BENEATH OUR FLOORS

A TREASUR THAT WAS NEVER YOURS,

THIEF, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, BEWARE

OF FINDING MORE THAN TREASURE HERE.'

The inscription makes Skyler shiver. After a small control of identities, the three walk through a large hall, with a path in the middle, and some unknown creatures, writing and working. One of those creatures walks out of the hall, followed by a small boy, and a truly giant of a man.

"What are these creatures, uncle?" Skyler whispers softly towards Loki. 

"Those are goblins, Sky, they're quite interesting, and they're the keepers of treasures..." Frigga answers to her granddaughter. Skyler just nods, amazed that those creatures actually exist, considering that she only knows them from folklore. 

 When they've reached the end of the hall, Loki clears his throat. 

 "I'd like to visit my vault," he states, and the goblin who's sitting on the desk in front of him looks up. He leans forward, so that he has a good look on all three.

 "I'll need your name and key, sir," he responses. 

 "Loki Odinson, and this will suffice?" Loki hands the goblin a small, golden key. The goblin inspects it, and turns around. 

"ADNOK!" He yells, and two seconds later, a small, angry looking goblin appears. The 'head' goblin, as Skyler decides to call him, hands Loki his key. 

 The goblin, Adnok, gestures Loki, Skyler and Frigga to follow him. They walk to a small cart, that seems to be connected to a railway that goes on for miles. The way to the vaults was dark, and deep. 

 "Vault 1657, sir," the goblin says, pointing to a large vault door. Adnok walks toward it, and holds out his hand to Loki. 

"Key, please," he says, Loki gives him the golden key. Adnok opens the lock, and Skyler's eyes widen. So much gold, silver and bronze coins, there's even a sword and shield in this thing!

 "What, the, hell?" Skyler breathes out. Loki grins at her, and a leather pouch appears in his hand. He takes at least 70 pieces of gold, 20 of silver, and 30 of bronze. 

"We're good," Loki tells the goblin. 

When they're on the street again, Skyler can't bite her tongue any longer. 

 "How is it possible that you have so much gold, and know so much about this world, and never told me?" She asks Loki, offended. 

"Mother, I think it's better if we drink something, before continuing this shopping trip... it's time to tell her." 

edited: 02-03-2019