Chapter 6

"Wish you would just focus on me"
🌹

*

By the time it was lunch, both Josh and I walk out of English class. As usual, instead of going to the cafeteria that was close ahead, I keep walking forward, totally skipping the place. Josh gives me a confused look as to where we're going.

"Wait, didn't we pass the lunch room?" He asked confused as he points back to where it was.

"Yes, we did." I tell him, glancing back at the lunchroom. "I don't eat in there anymore." I sigh out as we make it to the school doors and walk outside. We make it to my favorite tree I love to sit at and plop down on one of the stumps. I begin to play with the grass as he stares at me.

"Why?" That question made me think.

Why?

Why had I sat out here? Why was I slowly fading away out on this tree? Why didn't I have the balls to just sit in the lunch room? Why couldn't I just face him?

Because of him. Everywhere I go, he's there. Either physically or mentally. He haunts me, making me miss him even more everyday. He hurts me, every time I see him with another girl.

That's why I sit out here, to clear my head with thoughts of him. I then turn to Josh, who patiently waits for the answer. I give him a small smile.

"Because all my worries go away when I sit out here. It calms me in a way." I explain. He looks at me in understanding and smiles.

"Maybe with me here now, we can both forget our worries, together." He smiles at me as he leans back on the big oak tree. I wanted to ask him what he was worried about, but I decided against it. I laid back on the tree too, being side by side with Josh, and close my eyes.

Then, I open my eyes and look at Josh, to see him with his eyes closed.

"Josh?" He opens his eyes and looks at me.

"Yeah?" I take out my hand and bring it in front of him.

"Friends?" He looks down at my hand for a second before he shakes it, firmly but gentle.

"Friends." We both smile before we go back to relaxing again the tree.

Maybe one day all my worries will go away...