[2] Dangerous

Song: Dangerous by Left Boy

Wow, I wish I could sleep :') its three in the morning and I'm here writing because I caNT SLEEEEP

Y/n's POV

In the xy plane, the graph of y = x2 and a circle with the center at (1,1) and the radius 1 have how many points intersection?

I read the question over and over again, but the words never processed. The four answers below confused me even more, being I never got one of those answers. I couldn't focus. My head hurt too much to allow me to. Though the sounds of the peaceful, quiet chatter of the coffeehouse helped a little bit. The sound of a tiny bell would ring throughout the room every now and then when the door opened. I found myself coming here more than I would like. I've been getting more and more homework lately, and this place is where I work best. All I wanted to do was crawl in my bed and sleep.

My face was in my hands at this point. Frustration was present and becoming stronger the more I think about the due date. Sure, I've had a lot of time to work on this, but procrastination beat me in the ass. I could've worked on it last night but, at the time, I thought I could start and finish 34 'easy' math questions in one day, and went off to a party with friends.

I haven't talked to Amora today. She skipped class because she had a headache and was too embarrassed to leave the dorm. After class, I thought I'd save her the pain, and go straight to the coffeehouse to work on the piles of homework I have. I would call Amora, the girl who is flying through this as if it's just simple addition, and ask for help, but she probably wouldn't appreciate it.

In the lecture today, I couldn't focus. My mind kept wandering off to different subjects, never one in particular. I picked up a few things the professor said, but most of his words went in one ear and out the other. I felt like I was going insane, sitting in one spot for so long. My legs were tingling the entire time and I felt like running.
(Am I the only one that get these random urges to run, then my legs get all tingly and wont stop? Just me? Okay, I'll go now...)

"The answer is two."

Startled from the quiet, deep voice over my shoulder, I jumped slightly and turn to look at who spoke. To my surprise, the guy I met last night at Lucas' house was close behind me, hands on the back of my chair and eyes staring intently at the laptop screen.

He scanned over my work on my notebook. "You're doing it all wrong."

"No, really? I never noticed!" I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes, taking the empty seat across from me at the small, round table. "But why should I trust you?"

"All you have to do is set the equation of the parabola equal to the equation of the circle and solve for the points of intersection. However, because the specific points of the intersection are not required, a better approach is to generate the graphs of the equations and count the numbers of the intersection points."

"I didn't listen to a word you just said, but you sounded like you knew what you're talking about, so I'm just gonna take your answer, thanks." I grinned, clicking gently on C.

"What college do you go to?" He asked

I didn't look up from my notebook while working on the next problem. "Why should I tell you that? I didn't realize I was talking to my grandparents."

"Just trying to make conversation."

"I wasn't supposed to be in any conversation." I set my pencil down and stare into his chocolate brown eyes. "I came here because it's quite."

He smirked. "Yeah, well I came here because I was walking by and saw you looking like you were about to bang your head against the wall. Thought I might as well stop by."

"All right, you stopped, and now you can go. Bye-bye!" I smiled innocently.

He chuckled to himself, leaning his elbows on the table. "What's your name? You're an interesting one."

"Mallery." I lie. "Whats yours?"

"That's not your real name." He grinned, showing off his perfect, white teeth. "I'm gonna ask you this again. What's your name?"

I held back a giggle of amusement. "Y/n." I leaned back in my seat, folding my arms. "What's your name?"

"Mark." He answered. "You doin anything tonight?"

I didn't have anything to do but this homework. But I can't stay here all day, and I don't want to cause a bunch of noise back in the dorm room to feed to Amora's pain.

"Not really, no." I shook my head in response,  returning my gaze bak to the computer screen.

"Then how about you come over to my place and we'll do whatever you like." Mark winked, never taking his eyes off me.

Peeling my eyes from the screens confusing words, I sent him a mean glare. "I have better things to do than have sex with someone I just met."

Mark leaned back in his seat. "I never said it had to be sexual." He shrugged. "Hell, we can play video games all night if you'd like."

"I'd rather not get murdered, thanks."

Mark chuckles. "I'm not going to kill you."

I began my work on my notebook. "Says every murder before they kill their victim."

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Mark smiled, leaning on the table again. I didn't answer, too focused on my work to care. I heard a sigh escape Mark from across from me and he stood up. Just as I set my pencil down, he picked it up and began writing something on the corner of the paper.

"If you change your mind, theres the address and phone number. Don't text it, it's a home phone."

Without another word, he strolled out of the small building. Again, unable to focus on my homework, I stare at what he had written.

Why a home phone? Why not his cell?

Wow that sucked, I'm sorry XD