11-The Grand Ball

Tonight was when the Grand Ball took place. The ballroom was decorated in traditional medieval materials. Five huge crystal chandeliers were hanging from the sealing. To one side, there was the banquet and the expensive wine and champagne. To the other, the orchestra was playing delicate music. There was a small platform where important people are going to give speeches tonight. The only way to the main floor is a flight of stairs covered in red carpet. There is a balcony that surrounds the entire ballroom. Paintings covered the walls and rare artifacts can be viewed in window cases.

Right now I was dressed in a dark forest green dress that went a little lower than my knees. It had a V-neck that showed a little of my cleavage. I had two inch silver grey high heels. The pendant that I wore was visible on my neck. It was the only object that used to belong to my mother and I had very rarely taken it off since she died. My hair was nicely styled in a crown on the top of my head. Zoe had styled it for me this morning. She and Ren didn’t come because they were a year too young. They were both seventeen as I was twenty.   

 Most of the guests had arrived early afternoon to start on their business contracts. Everyone was dressed in beautiful gowns and suits. The styles varied from the 1600s to the newer ones that weren’t on the market yet. I was waiting for the Hundale family to show up when Cameron stepped beside me. He was dressed in a white chemise and a black and grey buttons V-neck vest waistcoat with black pants and business shoes. He wore a grey tie loosely around his neck and his sleeves were rolled up so we could see his tattoo on his right arm.

“Waiting for someone?” he said with his thick British accent.

“I am”not sure why he came to see me.

He pointed my white hair and made a gesture of understanding.

“I see why you were asked to cover your hair with a tuque the night you came into my bar.” He smiled. “There are not many races that hold the unique trait of white hair. Most of which have been extinct or killed off years ago”

“How did you know I was at your bar?” I asked surprised

“Wild guess?” he laughed at my expression but did not answer my question. He stayed beside me and looked around the room. “Don’t be alarmed, but I’m afraid the Duke of Fanron has graced us with his presence” I looked to where he was pointing at and swore. The Duke was hard to miss with his obesity and ugliness. He had expensive jewelry dangling on him and his bald head was shining in the light.

“What is he doing here?” I asked in disgust. Cameroun shrugged.

“Who knows? He’s a politician, and I guess he can’t stay away from free food he can eat at will.” We both laughed. “Ah, here they come” he said as he looked up.  

At the top of the stairs stood the Hundale family and they were all very well dressed. M. Hundale had a black suit and tie and he had linked his arm with his wife. His black hair was well combed to the side. Mrs. Hundale was wearing a silver grey gown with a diamond necklace. Her jewelry was not excessive but very present. Her silver high heel shoes gave her a couple of inches in height.

The parents came down the stairs elegantly and were immediately welcomed by the principal. Behind them were the triplets who were slowly walking down. Jessica was standing to the left. She had a one strap red dress that came down to her knees. Her hair was tied up on one side and fell in curls over her shoulder and we could see her earrings clearly. She had little makeup but enough that her piercing blue eyes to stand out. She had black four inches high heels and an ankle bracelet.

 Beside her, Red was wearing a sleeveless light blue dress. The dress went down in waves to cover her feet. Her red hair was in a messy yet beautiful bun and she had blue and white flowers in them. Her makeup was just enough to project her gorgeous features. To her right stood Jimhaya and as usual, she was the simplest of them all. She had a black dress to her knees and flat sandals that went up to her calf. She had no jewelry but a little makeup. I wondered how long Red begged to put some on her. Her brown hair was styled in a French braid down to the middle of her back but it was casually thrown over her shoulder. Her dark blue eyes were as dull as ever but she was gorgeous anyways. It was a natural beauty she gave out just like her other sisters. After all they all bore the same features.