Author's Note

This story is effectively split into two parts, with Part I focusing on themes of family, the price of secrets, self-acceptance, healing and finding somewhere to belong, with the romantic sub-plot beginning in earnest in Part II.

Part I starts just before Avengers: Age of Ultron and Part II starts shortly after AoU ends and will go through to just beyond Captain America: Civil War.

It also a Companion Story to my other MCU fic, Haven, and though highly recommended, it is not necessary to have read it to enjoy and follow this one.

***

I will only post a single disclaimer, and it is this: This is based solely on the MCU live-action films. Nothing from comics, animated films or animated shows though I may draw some inspiration from them periodically. Additionally, there are going to be times when I may play fast and loose with the films' timelines to accommodate my story arcs. 

So if something is 'wrong', don't flame please; I am not aiming for perfect canon, but enjoyment.

Oh, and the MCU is not mine...sadly... I only own my tweaks and my characters. If they weren't in the movies I likely made them up.

***

I'm also going to take the chance here to say that this story is rated Mature for a reason. Parts of it are a little dark and there will be some legitimate smut.

Unlike my other MCU Story, Haven, where I rated it for safety, this story is going to earn it. There'll be some heavy and likely uncomfortable stuff coming up, including some dub-con. I just want to make absolutely certain all you lovely readers are aware of that.

It's nothing too terrible, though for me it's a step beyond anything I've written in the past, so I'm probably just being overly cautious in my caution...compared to some stuff I've read and come across on this site it isn't all that bad at all, but everyone measures these sorts of things differently.

Also, since I believe they interfere with the flow of the story, this will be the first and last of your warnings.

Cool? Cool. Moving on.

***

I hope you all enjoy!

Happy Reading,

DLA