Chapter Four

Luna and John were still in their room and Edward was deep in thought, so I went down stairs to my kitchen. As I had told him to, all the TV’s and speakers were synced, so I could hear the song Friends On The Other Side everywhere; it was shaking my house.

“Don’t you disrespect me little man! Don’t you derogate, or derive.” Chris sang in the kitchen when I burst through the doors with the next line.

“You’re in my world now, not your world, and I’ve got friends on the other side.” I smirked at him. We started moving around the kitchen and I kept up with the words. “That’s an echo gentleman, just a little something we have here in Louisiana, a little parlor trick, don’t worry. Sit down at my table.”

“Put your minds at ease.” Chris sang along.

“If you relax it will enable me to do, anything I please.” I smiled, dancing around the kitchen like an eight year old. We just continued singing in the kitchen, loudly too, until Jonathan stepped in.

“You two are ruining the movie for everyone else in the house.” He smirked at me and I just continued on with the song, finishing it up with Chris’s help of course.

“You’re changin’, you’re changin’, you’re changin; all right! I hope you’re satisfied. But if you ain’t, don’t blame me! You can blame my friends on the other side!” I finished as Chris and Johnny chuckled.

“You’ve lost your mind.” John shook his head at me.

“Lil bit.” I nodded, turning to the cookie dough I was putting in the oven. “Go on back upstairs and entertain the people. The movie gets scarier later; you’ll enjoy it.”

“It’s a Disney movie.” He rolled his eyes. “How scary can it get?” I gave him a look and he just rolled his eyes before leaving.

“What’s up with you and Ed?” Chris asked bluntly as I closed the oven behind the tray of raw cookies.

“Nothing.” I frowned. “He’s just… thinking about things.”

“What things?” Chris pushed and I shook my head.

“I don’t know.” I whispered. “But it’s seriously bugging him whatever it is.”

“Could it be the wedding?”

“Don’t be silly.” I chuckled. He could probably care less about this wedding. “Whatever Ed’s thinking about, it’s very serious or very crucial to his plan to ruin Batman’s life.”

“Consequently, won’t that ruin your life?” Chris raised an eyebrow. “I know about Bruce’s secrets; I do my homework.” He rolled his eyes and I sighed.

“I don’t know what it is, but it’s worrying me.” I frowned as the timer beeped. I got the cookies out of the oven and quickly transferred them to a plate. I grabbed it and a gallon of milk before making my way up the stairs, listening Ray sing to his star Evangeline.

“I come baring gifts!” I smiled to the couch full of people. Edward seemed to still be staring off into space, but John turned around with a smirk on his face.

“Are they infused with Fear Toxin?” I glared at him and walked around to the left side where Luna was sitting, handing her the entire plate.

“No cookies for you John.” I said and he playfully frowned.

“I was just joking.” He tried playing off as Luna ate three cookies.

“You’re really bad at it.” I stuck my tongue out at him when Ed finally decided to pay attention.

“When did you get here?” He frowned.

“I could leave and reenter if that would help?” I frowned, pointing to the door. What was with him?