Part 8

The morning sun woke me up from my deep slumber filled with nothingness. I try to open my eyes and am met with direct sunlight, blinding my vision. I groan in protest and try to turn away from the sunlight but something is restraining my movement from my waist. Of course, my brain did not register this clearly but is alert enough to be alarmed. I look down and see a muscular arm wrapped around my waist. For a second, I panic wanting to get away from whoever it was that was holding me in such a tight grip. I quickly turn around to see who it belongs to, fearing the worst. I felt relieved when I realized it was Leo.

For some apparent reason, I felt safe in his arms. I don't know if I should feel like this or if I should be running for the hills right now. The question is why do I feel like this? We have barely met and yet I feel drawn to him, as if something was pulling me towards him. And how did we end up in this position?

I studied his face and realized that he looked so peaceful with his eyes closed and his body relaxed. For some reason I wanted to trace his eyelids and his lips. Call me a perv but they looked so kissable and I couldn't wait to kiss them. Of course, nothing lasts forever. Leo had to open his eyes when I am studying his lips and gives me a dazzling smile.

That's when I realize what I am doing and feel a blush creeping on my cheeks as I try to look somewhere else that did not involve him. Oh god, I thought, he caught me!

I turn back around as he tightens his hold on me and drops a kiss on my exposed neck. I gasp quietly at the intimacy that kiss alone has. My mind has suddenly gone blank and my heart flutters at that simple gesture.

"Good morning, Angel," he whispers huskily, his voice laced with sleep. I shiver from his voice and mumble a good morning to him as I try to control my breathing, hoping he could not detect the huskiness of my voice.

I want to get out of his arms, but my body won't let me. It's like I'm too comfortable. Plus, every time I try to move he pulls me closer to him. Most of our bodies were touching each other and the heat was starting to leave me a little breathless. After a couple of minutes, he seems to get the idea and lets me go and I quickly head to the restroom to hide for a few minutes.

What am I doing?! I yell internally as I close the door behind me and lean on the door, my breathing a little off. I put my hands on my cheeks and let out an inaudible groan when I realized that I was blushing the whole time.

This feeling of being wanted by someone whom I have barely met and is currently sleeping in my bed should feel out of the ordinary. However, it feels quite the opposite. It is like it was meant to be all this time. But is it really meant to be?

One thing I can not deny is that he helped me last night through my nightmare. Just thinking of the horror of it all sends cold shivers down my spine. Nevertheless, now that I know that he is back, I will need to be more careful.

But why? Why did it have to happen to me of all people?

I have always been a kind person, except for those few times that people piss me off to the point of no return.

I sigh in frustration and decide to deal with it later and get distracted by doing my morning activities.

Once I am done I step back into the room to find that, much to my disappointment, Leo has left but not without leaving a note behind. Without hesitation, I walk towards the note and read it.

I had to leave and change, Angel.

Get ready to be dropped off at home.

I frown at the note, in one way feeling disappointed that I have to leave and the other feeling relief that I have time to myself in order to get my thoughts straight. With all that has been going on, I really need to think if this arranged marriage will actually work out.