Not All Bad | Tohka Yatogami (Date A Live) x Human!M!Reader

Requested by Raebrave. Prioritised for winning the guessing competition.

I'll be honest, I watched the first season of Date A Live a long, long time ago.

And got bored of Harems as a result. Just the idea of it. Not the shows that have them. That being said, don't be expecting any harem stories from me.

Anyways, if you watched Date A Live. Then you might know about Shido's rather convenient ability to control and suppress spirits.

Well fuck you, you're not getting it.

You're a normal human being.

Who may or may not get his ass handed to him by a spirit. 

New Legends

(p/r/e) = Preferred Reading Entertainment
(p/l) = Preferred Language.

First of three oneshots before the 50 Followers Celebration: Q & A chapter gets taken down.

Remember to go to that chapter if you have anything you want to ask me!

Thursday 22nd November - 1k Reads

______________

Thirty years ago in Eurasia, a phenomenon called a 'spacequake' had occurred.

It was the first, and by far the largest, unknown unnatural disaster. The largest as it had wiped out over 150 million and the surrounding infrastructure instantaneously. Unknown and unnatural since it could not be explained, even by the world's leading researchers.

Why was this important?

Meet (L/N) (Y/N), a (local university student / transfer university student from (c/n)), who resides alone in Japan for study. His story was rather ordinary to say the least. Just another person in the world without much significance. Right now in fact, today was an off day from university so (Y/N) decided to sleep in through the morning, just as any regular student would on a day off.

But all of a sudden, a spacequake alarm had been called. After the disaster from thirty years ago, numerous spacequakes of smaller, but still devastating scale had begun popping up. This was one of those instances. And (Y/N) was still in bed as the alarm continued blasting outside the windows.

Begrudgingly, (Y/N) woke up from his sleep. Between sleeping in and / or potentially dying, the first option seemed more compelling.

Then again, (Y/N) only had half a year left until he graduates. But then again, with the job economy constantly screwing everyone, it was probably a waste of time and money going to university.

...

Fuck it, (Y/N) couldn't be bothered deciding so he quickly wore fresh clothes, and he ran as fast as he could to the closest evacuation centre.

On the way, the spacequake had landed, with its devastating black dome, expanding and exploding everything around it.

Even though (Y/N) was in a... somewhat safe distance from the blast, he could feel, and definitely heard, the explosion. Once the void dome dissipated, (Y/N) saw a girl with long and dark hair, who wore a sort of gothic lolita purple dress, floating in the air. Hard to tell from the distance.

(Y/N) was sure he was hallucinating, must be due to being in close proximity to the spacequake. He rubbed both his eyes, and when he opened them again, this time there was some sort of squad flying to the floating purple girl, which consisted of... teenagers wearing flying exosuits...?