The Serpent Moon (2)

For the first couple of days, everything went on as normal as it can be. Emmy entertained Avina and welcomed her. Emmy was the perfect host, ensuring that Avina and her people were well taken care of. On the third day, Avina sent word that she was not feeling well and decided to stay in bed. Food was sent up to her room and Emmy took the time to enter her camellia field.

It had been three days since she visited the flower field and she wanted to check on them. The sun had just risen as the morning dew was slowly drying up. Emmy's light green dress dragged on the ground as dirt stained the hem of the dress. Her fingers touched the camellia flowers, gently grazing upon them as she walked by them. Each flower slowly leaned towards her as if to greet her and say hello. Emmy slowly infused her powers into the ground as she walked, checking the roots of the flowers and to see if they have any disturbances while she was away.

All was quiet around her as she reached in the middle of the field and she realized that everything was too quiet. Emmy reached out with her flowers as she read a disturbance in the castle. A group of people, seven of them to be exact, were moving from the east wing. Instead of using the halls, they were using the passageways, that were made for servants.

The castle stones roared loudly to warn Emmy as it could sense the dangerous aura around the seven people. Emmy smiled as she began to weave her powers around her. She sat down with her dress spread out around her, as if she was enjoying her morning and not waiting for the danger to come to her.

With her eyes closed, the sun shining on her face, and a slight smile beaming, she looked as if she was just enjoying the small comforts of the morning. The group of seven made their way towards Emmy as they spread out around her, trapping her inside of their circle.

With each step they slowly closed the circle, however stopped when they were 20 feet away.

"The morning is beautiful, is it not?" Emmy said as she opened her eyes and met sky blue eyes.

Avina sneered at Emmy as Emmy looked like a nymph who showed up with the morning sun, making Avina jealous. The past few days, Emmy only showed the most beautiful side. No matter how dressed up she was, Emmy would show up looking more beautiful and alluring than she did. Emmy wore jewelry that was worth more and clothes that were more finely made than hers. Her every action was more ladylike and noble. More graceful. Yet, she was alluring to the soul and attracted the eyes of everyone. Even some of the mages in The Serpent Moon talked about how beautiful Emmy is and the need to bury themselves between her legs. Her heart burned with jealousy and desire to kill Emmy.

If regular people thought that of Emmy, what does Seoras think of her? He too is a man. A man with needs and wants. With such a seductive wife, of course he would want to spend his nights with her. Just the thought of Seoras and Emmy together made her want to kill Emmy in front of Seoras and watch as Seoras lose the woman he holds dear.

"It is a beautiful morning." Avina agreed. "A beautiful morning for you to die."

"Oh?" Emmy said as she looked around her with large, scared eyes. "And are these people, the people who are going to kill me?"

Avina snickered at Emmy.

"Don't think that you can take my fiance away from me and I'll not do anything about it!" Avina said with malice. "Do you know how long I waited for him to marry me? How long I waited for this day to face you and see what kind of a woman, who had enough audacity to mary MY MAN!"

Emmy's eyes watered, yet no tears fell. She looked worried and looked around as if to search for guards.

"They won't be coming to your rescue." Avina told her. "We put a sleeping potion into the morning soup and tea. No one will be waking up until it's too late!"

"I welcomed you into Ceco." Emmy pleaded. "Welcomed you warmly and this is how you treat me!?"

"Haha!" Avina laughed at Emmy. "You stupid bitch! We came her to destroy you! You are nothing but bad luck for Seoras! You witch! You've enchanted everyone in Ceco and we are here to save them! Capture her!"

After Emmy's order, Inez stepped forward and smile brightly at Emmy.

"Do not be scared, Lady Emmy." Inez said as she walked forward. "If you do as we say, you won't be hurt...that much."

"Stop." Emmy said as she began to stand up and wanted to run, but with being surrounded, she had nowhere to go. "I've done nothing to you. Why must you hurt me?"

"Do not blame yourself lass." The older man said. He was in his guards uniform, but he had a full head of white hair and a white beard that was neatly trimmed. "It is just the order of life. The weak die and the strong live."

"Don't touch me!" Emmy shouted as Inez tried to grab her. Emmy quickly slipped on her dress as she fell backward and crawled backward as Inez slowly walked towards Emmy.

"There's nowhere to go." Inez reminded her. "Be a good girl and stay still."

"So you can kill me?" Emmy asked as her body shivered.

"No, darling." Inez said as she watch Emmy sigh in relief. "So Lady Avina can kill you."

Emmy's eyes opened wide as she shook her head no.

"Please don't do this." Emmy said as her body shook. "I've done nothing wrong. Why would you want to hurt me?"

"Lass." The old man began to say. "If you could afford it, we'll be working for you."

"What do you mean?" Emmy asked.

"Do you not know who they are?" Avina asked as she ran out of patience.

Emmy shook her head no.

"Wildfire Inez." Avina began to introduce the people around them. "Lawless Melvin. Venom Ross. Cobra Calvin. Nightbringer Jay."

With each introduction, the man nod his head to acknowledge which man was which.

"Also known as The Serpent Moon." The old white hair man who Emmy just learned is Nightbrigher Jay.

"Leave." Emmy said as she looked around her desperately. "Leave now and nothing will be done to you. Should you decide to stay and do this. There will be no happy ending for you."

Everyone laughed at Emmy's words.

"You think Master Seoras would come after us?" Calvin said as a large snake appeared behind him and started to slither down his body and onto the ground. "We'll be long gone by the time you're dead and he won't be able to find us. We're just doing what we're paid to do, sweetheart. Don't blame us for this. We're just doing our job."

Emmy covered her face as they heard her cry. But soon her cries had turned into laughter. Her hands moved away from her face as a light of happiness shined through.

"I was hoping you say that!" Emmy said as an evil smile appeared. "I was hoping you turn me down. Now that you've come, I need to welcome you properly."

Emmy stood straight, with her shoulders back and her head held up high. "Now that you all have been properly introduced to me. It is my time to introduce myself to you. I am Lady Emmy, wife to Master Seoras. Lady Tomas to the people of Ceco. And Death Rose, to people like you."

--------
**********
Thank you everyone who has given me love and support. I have taken down my previous A/N. Thank you for all the positive comments. Sending you internet hugs and kisses. Positive vibes only.