Chapter Seven - One Shot too Many

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c h a p t e r s e v e n

{One Shot too Many}

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Raven and I are lying in her bed eating raspberry popsicles while I spill my guts about Jayden. She's a great listener. Maybe it's the therapist in her, but I think it's her being a good friend.

"So he tried to kiss you again? Did you want him to?"

Did I want him to? The question reverberates in my head and I answer, "I don't know." Part of me wanted to run when his hands grasped me, but I stayed. To me, my answer seems fitting for how the situation played out. But Raven looks at me accusingly.

I cover my face, not ready for her reply.

"Okay," She holds her hands up in defense. "No more talk about Jayden." She sits up excitedly and shakes my limp body. "Let's have some fun and go clubbing tonight! Oh my gosh, it's been so long! You can invite Blake."

"I don't know. Don't you think—"

"Sky, come on," She pleads and bats her eyelashes.

I consider the memory loss the liquor will provide for the evening and conclude its a great idea, even if it isn't permanent. When I tell Raven my plan, an ear-piercing squeal erupts throughout the room. She jumps on top of me and wraps her arms around my body. We laugh hysterically as we roll around on the bed.

A warmth I've missed disperses through me. Since Raven moved out, we don't see each other as much as we used to. So spending this time together now is exactly what I need. And getting ready for a night out reminds me of our college years.

"Remember the frats we used to flirt our way into?" Raven reminisces, wiggling into a pair of black jeans that are so tight they look spray-painted on.

I grimace at the thought and laugh. "Oh yeah, poor guys always thought they were getting something from us, but we just danced on each other all night."

She readjusts her breasts in her blush bodysuit, which accentuates her tan skin and turns to me with a grin. "That was their gift, to watch two hot girls dance on each other." 

I snort, shimming into my mini skirt. She's not wrong.

We finish getting ready with fifteen minutes to spare, which gives us some time to pregame. Wyatt and Blake arrive mid-shot and Raven hustles them into the kitchen for a drink.

I down a tequila shot and chase it with pineapple juice, not realizing Blake is watching me. His arms snake around my torso and his mouth melts against mine. 

"You taste good." His voice—mixed with a smirk—sends a chill down my spine.

"I taste like alcohol. Good thing there will be much more where that came from." I set the tiny glass down and introduce him to Wyatt. Then Raven and Blake catch up, albeit seeing each other at work today and we call an Uber to the club.

Blake helps me out of the car and we head into the bustling building, trying to escape the cold. The second my foot touches the ground, the vibrations from the music swell through my body, bringing back memories from years ago.

The guys head straight for the bar while Raven and I grab a seat. The smell of sweat and alcohol is strong, but the heat emanating through the building is comforting.

"Blake looks hot tonight, when are you going to boyfriend-him-up yet? Or are you still being stubborn?" Raven says loudly.

I cringe. "Please don't ever use boyfriend as a verb and no I don't plan on it."