The Destroyer

Aliana's POV

When Lana  had said that I was the destroyer everyone had moved away from me as if I was contagious. My brows furrowed as I watched as they all backed away from me with distrustful eyes.

Kera, Lana and Dalton were the only ones who didn't move away from us.

"It seems life hasn't been kind to you my child." Lana says and I tilt my head at her words.

She looks at Dalton and he nods his head and they both look at me and I feel Kassandra squeeze my hand tighter.

They turn and walk away through the crowd and I look over at Kera confused at their abrupt departure. She gives me a sad smile and motions for us to follow her.

The people move away form us as we get closer but I pay them no mind, I learned long ago not to rely on people and it seems that rule also applies to long lost family.

Kera led us  to the side of the room where there are stairs and we go up one flight before walking down a dimly lit hallway and stopping in front of a red door with plants on it.

She knocks once on the door and it opens to reveal Dalton. He steps aside and let's us in and the door closes behind us. The inside of the room is beige and just like the room that Kera first took us too, there are cushions everywhere. She pauses and removes her shoes and we do the same before we settle on a few of the cushions.

Lana is already seated and looking at us with a smile on her face.

"Come children, let me tell you a short story." She says and we wait for her to speak again.

"I could tell that as soon as I said that you we're the destroyer that you had no idea what I was speaking about." She says and I nod my head.

"There was a prophecy" She starts but pauses as Dalton brings us all something to drink before he sits down next to her.

"Thank you sweetheart." She says and he smiles down at her with love in his eyes and I wonder if that is the same way I look at Kassandra. My thoughts are interrupted when she starts to speak again.

"Back to what I was saying, there was a prophecy that spoke of an Illirian

that would be born with immense power, power over the light and the dark. It said that there would come a time of a great war between the two factions and the child of power will be the one to destroy one of the factions. Because of her actions in the great war she would be given the name of destroyer." Lana said and leaned on Dalton's shoulder.

Everyone is waiting on me to react but I keep my face blank and just look at Lana.

After a while she starts chuckling and everyone looks at her like she's crazy.

"Sorry, I was expecting you to bombard me with questions or to a least panic a little with knowing the fact that you are going to destroy an entire race of people." She says and Fen starts laughing.

"Aliana does tend to surprise a lot of people." He says.

"Why would she have to destroy them?" Kassandra asks and now all eyes are on her. Dalton is the one who answers.

"The dark and light factions have been at war with each other since the beginning, Each side believes that they are the better, stronger species and wants to lead, but neither is willing to submit to the other. Small fights have broken up here and there but nothing to serious yet, with the appearance of the destroyer I fear that the great war is approaching." He finishes.

They all look at me again but my face is still blank.

There is a knock at the door and Dalton excuses himself to answer it; he returns a minute later with a sad look on his face as he stood in front of me.

"Aliana, there are some guards here for you, Kassandra, Fen and Scar. They say that they are here to escort you to a meeting with the Royals." He says and Lana jumps up from her seat.

"What meeting with the Royals? We were not told of any meetings and we are one of the Royal families." She says looking between him and me.

Dalton shrugs his shoulders and Fen and Scar climb on our shoulders and we stand up and put on our shoes.

"I'll join you." Kera says and we all walk to the door together to find six armed guards waiting for us.

As soon as we're close on guard reaches out his hand to touch Kassandras' shoulder and I growl. His outstretched hand freezes as all eyes turn to me.

"If you touch her you will lose your hand." I tell him and his eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"She is very protective of her mate, I advise you to take her warning seriously." Lana tells the guard and moves up to my side.

"Mate?" He says looking between me and Kassandra.

"Yes, they are mates. Isn't that wonderful, aren't they just the cutest couple?" She asks him in a cheerful voice.

The guard looks confused but nods his head and drops his hand and it seems a if everyone let's out a relieved breath.

"If you'll follow us." He says and turns and walks out the door. We follow close behind and the other guards surround us. Our 'family' watches as we are escorted out.

The guards lead us out of the building and I find out that it is now nighttime. The clouds that we flew through have disappeared and because of this dimension being the opposite of the one we came from, the stars are indistinguishable from the now black sky so it looks like one big black hole.

There is a silver car idling at the bottom of the steps and we all pile in and the car drives off.

We pass other buildings, some tall and some single story. The were people walking and flying all over the place, we drove on for at least half and hour and Fen soon started complaining about being couped up in a car and wanting to stretch his legs.

When the car finally stopped, we were in front of a large castle. It looked to be made out of grey stone and had two large spires on each side.

Not giving us enough time to examine the building the guards ushered us through the large door and down the stone corridor until we came to another large open door.

We walked in and all conversation stopped as everyone looked at us.

Lana, Kera and Dalton moved away from us and moved to the side of the room and stood next to my ex father and Eli who were both currently glaring at me.

"Why was I not notified that there was to be a meeting Thorn". Lana asked him and he looked at her with a sneer.

"It was at the last minute and there was no time to notify you, I apologise." He says not sounding sorry at all.

"Is that so." She says and turns away from him as a man with white hair walks through crowd and stops in front of us, his black eyes examining me.

"So you are the child of the prophecy." He says but I don't answer him.

His eyes sweep over Fen and Scar before it settles on Kassandra and he moves towards he. I growl and move her behind me and he smirks as the crowd of people gasps.

Looks of shock and disgust are apparent on all their faces and my ex father holds his head down in shame.

"This is unacceptable. Two females cannot be mates, females are weak and they need a strong male  to lead them." The man in front of me says and the people in the room nod their heads in agreement.

"As a gift from your people and your leaders I will break this disgusting bond for you and find you a strong suitable male mate." He says with a smile and I see red.