Stage 2: The Bounty

I woke up the next day, feeling refreshed in this oddly comfortable tavern. it looked to be around 10:00am when i woke up, so i decided to get up and go to the bounty board before all the good ones get taken.

now where here, at the bounty board. i can see 3 posters right now, one paying 75 gold, which is a task to guard the barracks for robberys, one that is a dead or alive contract, 100 gold alive, 150 dead, quite a bit of gold, odd. and one where there is no pay on it from what i see, but has the task of recovering a family heirloom.

i think i have decided on one. 

i'll do the dead or alive contract, it pays alot of gold, and im used to killing by now. 

so i snatched the bounty up and walked over a elaborate looking shack that had a sign on it the had read "The Bounty Keeper", i saw a very tired and board looking man sitting at a countertop who had a stamp in his right hand.

"Is this where i verify my bountys?" i questioned the man.

"of course it is, there is a big sign outside that says the bounty keeper isn't there, unless those brats are messing with the sign again..." he said, sounding painfully board.

"well im new here, im sorry for making you do your job"

"your new? well that means i have to register you into the bounty book."

"alright, i need the money for food so let's make this quick"

So i registered my name, birthdate, and height and other details of the sort into the bounty book, and he stamped the poster, wrote down what im assuming is who took the bounty into the bounty book, and he put a little tick next to my name. which i'll assume is how many bountys i have done.

"have a good say sir, thank you for the bounty" i babbled

"begone, i dont want to see you until that bounty is complete, alright." the old man remarked

"alright."

so i left the keeper and i took a closer look at the bounty.

as i said before, it is a dead or alive contract in which the dead pays more then alive, usually its the other way around. with the dead paying 150g, and alive paying 100g, significantly more, so she must be a priority target to kill. the ladys name was kait ingraine and she lived deep in the woods in the mystigan province, which i very south east from where i am, probably a good 3 days of travel on horseback, and 6 days of walking.

so i went to my room in the tavern to go and get my satchel of supplies, and i went to the shop to get supplies for the trip. 

i walk into a shop called "Adventure co"

i see a gnome sitting on the front counter, and when he sees me he opens his mouth to greet me,

"Hello sir! i am felkas! and i run this humble little shop here! is there anything you need today sir?" he energetically says.

"i come here because i need supplies for a trip that will take around 6 days there and back. i come looking for bedrolls, campsets, food, and other things."

"Yes we do have that! now you said was 6 days total, correct?"

"yes."

"well you need some bedrolls, a camping set, and around six days of food, and since you are getting all of this in bulk, i'll give you a discount."

"thank you felkas, i appreciate that."

"that will be 60g sir."

i hand felkas the money and i thank him, i get ready to leave the shop and i here him say something to me,

"make sure not to go to my brothers shop, "adventuring co", alright sir."

"alright, i'll make sure to come to your shop only."

"good, good day to you"

"same to you."

and i left the shop, more then curious on why to not go to the shop he mentioned.

i rent a carriage and get ready to travel, by putting my bedrolls, food, and camping set in the back, and i get ready for my 3 days of travel.