Chapter 17

Evan's POV

So here I am, sitting on the bench in the middle of Alex's practice. I tried to make myself look small in an attempt to avoid everyone, especially Max. After half an hour of waiting, the team was done with practice and Alex jogged over to where I was. "Ready to go?" He asked. I merely nodded my head.

A moment later, Max came came over, out of breath and sweat glistening off his body. "Where are you guys going?" He asked while crossing his arms.

"Have you forgotten about the English assignment in that thick head of yours?" Alex rolled his eyes.

"Well in that case, I'll come too." Oh god, why? Max is only going to try to torture me there. Please say no. Please say no.

"Whatever," Alex shrugged before walking off. Max turned to me and was about to say something when Dave popped out of nowhere. "Hey Dave," Alex called out. "The room's ready." Huh? What room?

"Are you serious?" Max deadpanned.

"Are you all just going to stand there?" Alex said in annoyance.

"Let's go," Dave looked at me.

"You're coming too?" I asked in confusion, before he pulled me along.

"Hey fairy! That your new boyfriend?" I heard someone hollar over a distance, followed by some laughter. A bright blush made its way onto my face and I looked down in shame. I pulled my arm away from Dave's grip and wrapped it around myself. I felt Dave stop in his tracks. He looked over to whichever group said that, and let me tell you, he did not look amused. The group's laughter died down almost immediate and they looked away as if nothing had happened.

Dave looked over to me and his gaze softened. "Just ignore them, okay?" Yeah, just ignore them. That's way easier said than done. I nodded my head nonetheless. Max and Alex were walking in front of us and we were a little distance behind. "So, about the party," he started.

"I don't know. You know it's not my thing. Not to mention, I don't like to be around crowds."

"Please? It'll be fun. I won't force you to go, but I'd really like it if you would."

"I don't know...I guess it wouldn't hurt," I finally gave in. Dave beamed in happiness and that made me smile.

"Awesome! So I'll pick you up at seven tomorrow?"

"Actually..." I started but was cut off.

"How about you crash for the night? Max and Alex are going tomorrow so we can all go together." How did the conversation end up like this?

"I don't think that's such a good idea," I said skeptically. "I'm sure Alex wouldn't even want me there. I'm only over because of the English project, remember?"

"I'll talk to him, okay?"

"No, wa-" I was cut off once again.

"Hey Alex! You mind if Evan crashes tonight?" Dave shouted.

"Whatever," was his only response. Dave turned to me with a smile etched on his face, making me wish Alex said no. It's not that I didn't want to spend time with Dave. It's just that I knew Max and Alex didn't want me there, and that made me not want to stay. I was so lost in my train of thoughts that I didn't realize we were in front of Alex's house.

A/N: So here's a totally random question. What do my readers think about rape in stories? Would it stop you from reading? What's your limit? Don't worry, this story won't contain it (unless you want, if so, state it in the comments), but I'm thinking about putting it in my next story. It'll be mature so the faint of heart shall stay away, and there will be warnings beforehand. Opinions anyone? (Please don't bash me too much. I'm serious).