half / 23

"Khloe is so weak!" Arisa exclaimed as she threw off her arms in frustration.

Watching as she paced back and forth in my art studio, I pondered why I told her the truth. Instead of saying: 'yeah, she's fantastic', why did I tell her 'no, we've not done it yet'? However, trying to be a decent girlfriend which meant getting through the right process of wholesome commitment, I stood my ground and declared my sexual status with my girlfriend to my friends.

"How could she do this to you?" Arisa burst out in disbelief as she placed her hand on her hip.

"When was the last time you've done it, Ry?" Bailey asked as she scanned one of my paintings on the wall.

I rolled my eyes. "Do I have to answer that?"

"Yes, absolutely!" Arisa hissed. "Because you're being ridiculous right now. You guys talk about love but you're still not at that point of paradise."

I leaned against the leather couch, crossing my arms over my chest with a huff. "Oh yeah, how about you and Quinn? When exactly did you guys do it?"

Arisa suddenly froze at her own spot from my question. "W-Well, after we said 'I love you' to each other."

"See, that's the point," I said, whining. "We're still not exactly in that phase so stop ridiculing my sexual relationship with my girlfriend."

Captain's eyes narrowed. "Are you kidding me?! Did I hear someone else gushing about loving someone last week? She's clearly in love with you."

"Starting, that's her exact word," I said and I didn't even know why I was so defensive.

Bailey chuckled as she sat beside me. "There's no such thing, Ry. She either fell for you already or not at all."

Arisa slumped her shoulder in defeat and she seated on my left side with a sigh. "Look, high school is nearly at the end so think about it. You have to at least make memories, right? You gotta hit for the cycle."

"On what base are we talking about here?" Bailey asked nonchalantly.

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Second base."

Bailey cringed. "Not even half to third?"

I nodded, biting my lip in embarrassment. "You know what, it doesn't matter."

Arisa groaned, before cupping my face in her hands, shifting my head to make me look directly at her. "It matters to me. I'm your best friend and all I want is for you to be happy— emotionally, physically, mentally and sexually. So Khloe better step up into this game or else—"

"What are you gonna do?!" I panicked as my eyes enlarged.

"Talk to her about it or something... Not directly but through Quinn," Bailey answered with a snort. "You're lucky you have your girlfriend with you until you graduate so you might as well relish the rest of the moment."

I looked at Bailey with sympathy as Arisa let me go but I still didn't want to acknowledge their idea. "You don't understand. Khloe and I are different. We're not really at that point yet. That last thing I wanted is to fu ck it up by suggesting things we're not ready for."

With a frown, Arisa looked at me incredulously. "Ry, don't say things like that as if you don't visualize yourself doing it with her. I know you want this more than you claim. Yeah, it's given that Khloe is not really that 'hot' but you have feelings for her so obviously, you're attracted to her."

"Of course, I'm attracted to her, duh!!"

"But you don't see her as a sexual piece, not even once?" Bailey questioned which caused me to but soon recouped.