Natural Born Killer (pt.15)

I shifted as soon as the scent of rogues hit me. The scent of metallic filled my nostrils as I saw the border patrolmen ripped to shreds. My wolf pounded towards the faint heartbeat of Richard, a night patrolman. I saw the light leave his eyes as his final breathe rang through my head. I gasp at the bubbling feeling that rose in my chest; anger. The rogues heard my intake of breathe, turning to see me a foot away. They began to run at me. I reacted quickly, dodging one attack as I ran for a minute to give myself a good distance to fight. Rogues on the south side border, I sent the mindlink to any wolf who could fight.

I turned to face my enemies. The packs that were attacked were wrong. This wasn't a group of wolves, it was a pack. About one hundred rogues stood at the border line, waiting for a moment. I felt the paws thump from behind me, I felt an ounce of anxiousness fill me. I made my way towards the Alpha's, Samuel and Rush in the front, both still in human form.

The rogue at the center turned into his human form, standing in all his glory.

"The demon knows you have the key. Give it up" the rogue snarled, his teeth black and yellow.

"We have no key. Leave my territory or you shall die where you stand" Rush commanded

The rogue then turned back into his wolf form, showing that he and his pack would not leave. Soon the howls and growls of rage and pain filled the air. The scent of blood wafted through my nostrils as I fought rogues. I clawed, bit, and killed any rogue that dared to attack me. A cry filled the air. Steven lay still on the ground, covered in blood. My wolf was fighting to be released, but I couldn't let her, not now.

I took out five more rogues, but the sound of more cries and whimpers called to me. Our pack members layed on the ground, on the brink of death. Samuel was limping, Rush had a large gash on his side but kept fighting. More fighters joined the fight, some died, others lay on the floor close to death. This was going to be a blood bath. My wolf whimpered at the sight of her hurt mate, soon rage coursed through me. I couldn't fight the rogues and save my people as my wolf was fighting to take over control.

___________
RUSH POV
___________

Snap!

I snapped the rogues head and moved to the next. The whimper of my mate caught my attention. I raced to the other side of the field, only to find my mate with no severe injuries. She had a couple small scratches but nothing major to whimper out.

I saw Alpha Samuel rush to her side, looking into her wolf eyes. She kept shaking her head and moving her body awkwardly. It was like she was having an internal battle with herself. I couldn't hear what Alpha Samuel whispered to her, but I saw my mate shake her head hesitantly. He stepped away from her

"Retreat!" Alpha Samuel used his Alpha command. My wolf snarled in disagreement, what kind of Alpha retreats?!

Our fighters ran to safety, dragging some of our injured ones. My eyes take in the pained look some wolves of the warrior pack throw to my mate. Their eyes never moved off of her wolf form, I could see her green eyes widen in fright. They all moved to the front of the pack house, where we were still visible. Alpha Samuel came next to me

"You have to move. Go with the rest" his voice coming out quickly

I growled at him, who was he to command me. If he wants to be a coward he can, but I will not.

"Please, you'll understand soon" he pleaded

My wolf whined as I moved to go attack another rogue, but my legs didn't comply with my command. Instead, they began to walk towards our fighters, all watching Alpha Samuel and my mate. I pushed my body to move foward, but I couldn't. All I could do was sit their on my hind legs and watch as the rogues killed my mate. Without our help, they would both be dead.

My wolf cried out, panicking, digging his paws into the dirt, trying to move, but again, nothing. It was at that moment I knew who was responsible, the moon goddess. If she wanted me in this spot, this is where I have to be. The rogues had stopped moving to look at what we were doing, curiosity shining in their eyes.

"I'm sorry" Alpha Samuel apologized to Alex.

He looked my mate in the eyes, then turned and ran to us. Anger consumed me as he left her to die alone. How could the moon goddess want this, it doesn't make sense. All eyes were on her. There was a sudden switch in the air, an aura of dominance washed over the field. All I could see was her wolf shake out her fur, while plastering a wicked wolf grin on her face. Her eyes turned to a steel silver, digging her paws into the ground, then leaping to attack.

It was like a blur. Limbs were ripped apart, guts covered the now red field. Blood was all over her fur, but she didn't seem to mind it. In fact, she seems to love it. She had a rouge in her mouth, bringing him towards us, and laying him down at our feet. I could hear his heart. He was barely alive. Many of the rogues ran off as Alex killed flawlessly and viciously; who is she? The question rings in my head.

"Alex, we're safe. You kept us safe" Alpha Samuel softly caressed her snout

The forest green eyes returned, mimicking our expression of horror. She let out a whine causing Alpha Samuel to pet the top of her head. He leaned in to whisper an apology. A tear slid down his face as he stared at my mate. It was then that I realized what happened. She used to be a rogue, her and her wolf are not in sync. Her wolf is wild, fearless, and a killer...

...But no rogue is that powerful. Who are you, little mate?

___________
A demon in a werewolf story? What do you guys think
____________________