• 48 •

Annabeth's POV

"Hey."

"Hey." I gave Percy a quick kiss and returned to putting my books in my locker.

"I can't drive you home today, but Reyna said that she could. Is that cool?"

"Yeah. Why can't you take me home, though?"

"Uh... I—I have a doctors appointment."

"Okay." I raised and eyebrow skeptically. I had a feeling that he was planning something, it being February 14, Valentine's Day, and all. He had already walked into school with a huge bouquet of flowers and balloons for me. God, he's so romantic. I was pretty sure that I was blushing like crazy, for the people that had crowded around us to see.

"Also, I need you to meet me at the corner near your house at 3:30 sharp." Yep. He's definitely planning something.

"Okay." Just then, the final bell rang and it was time to go home. "Well, I'll see you later."

"See you Wise Girl." He gave me a quick kiss on the lips and walked away smiling.

I met Reyna at the entrance of the school. "Hey,"

"Hey."

"Thanks for the ride." I followed Reyna to her car.

"No problem. Anything to help a friend." I had a feeling she wasn't talking about me.

***

"Thanks Reyna." I waved and walked up to my door.

"No problem. See you tomorrow!"

It was only 3:00p.m. by the time I got home. I had some time before I had to meet Percy, so I decided to try and get some some of the truck load of homework that I have.

By the time it was 3:25, I had gotten my six math worksheets done. I decided that I should start walking if I wanted to meet Percy on time. I pulled on my converse and headed out the door, locking it behind me.

I could see Percy as I walked along the cracked sidewalk. "Hey." I said when I finally reached him.

"Hey." He handed me a small folded piece of paper.

"What's this?" I took the paper from him. Before I could get another word out, he took off running down the street. "Percy!" I called after him. "Perseus Jackson! Come back here!"

He just looked back at me and smiled his classic troublemaker grin. He kept running. I couldn't help but smile, for I knew he was planning something. I unfolded the slip of paper. On it was a clue written in his neat handwriting.

Roses are red
Violets are blue.
Go to where we danced in the rain
To find your next clue.

He had set up a Valentine's Day scavenger hunt. He's so adorable. I walked back to my house, where I found another small note on the tree stump on my front lawn.

From the moment I saw you
I knew you were my soulmate.
Your next hint will be found
Where we had our first date.

I began to make my way to Central Park. When I realized that the walk wasn't going to be quick, I hailed a taxi. I got there and walked to our special spot; a small secluded pond behind some trees and foliage.

Sitting in the grass, was another little note.

In our first science class,
I was not smooth.
Go to the place
Where I made the first move.

Okay. So it was on that day with the whole science experiment gone wrong thing. Then we had to clean it up and... right! He tried to kiss me in the closet.

Wow real classy Annabeth.

I keep forgetting that you're still there conscience. And shut up.

Anyways, I began to make my way to school. It would still be open because of swim classes and clubs and other things like that.

I walked through the front doors and walked through the hallways before I reached the science room. Then, I kept walking until I found the janitors' closet. I peeked my head in and saw the note. I grabbed it and began to walk to the school doors. I unfolded the note.

Love is a crazy thing
So the saying goes.
You will find me
Where you almost broke my nose.

This one made me laugh. I smiled to myself and decided that I couldn't hail a taxi to take me to the beach because not only would the driver would look at me weird, but I didn't have anymore money.

I decided to walk to Piper's her house being close by and her having a car to lend me.

***

"Thanks."

"No problem. And you are telling me how this goes tomorrow at school." Piper smile at me.

I pulled on my seatbelt. "I will, don't worry."

I turned on the car and pulled out of her drive way. "Thanks Pipes! See you tomorrow!" I called as I drove off.

"No problem!" I heard her call from behind me.

And so I began the hour and a half drive to the beach.

Author's note

Guys!! I started a new story called Never Be. I'd really appreciate it if you could give the first chappie a read. And don't worry, I will not be neglecting this one. This is my first priority. The other will be given more attention as soon as I'm done with WCHK. Anyways, thanks for the reads, votes, comments, etc. love you!
-bella💕