(Angst)Dead!Levi x Depressed!Reader - Hostage.

It's been about a year since Levi passed. It's been hard for everyone, but mostly you. You'd visit his grave every day, after his burial was set. Whenever you got the chance you'd go. It didn't matter what time of day, you were at his grave. It wasn't fair, everyone around him died. He deserved more, but he didn't receive it.

Coincidence to have had a terrible argument with Levi, that had him storming out the room and had you in tears. You had worried about him going out and feeling he could always be "Humanity's Strongest Soldier", but this last time he still carried that title. You dreaded yourself for being so heartless for not respecting his decision but you were scared. He promised he'd be back, but where was he? Dead.

Of course you could always drink away the pain, but that'd be ironic since you very tolerant to alcohol and it wouldn't do your body any justice. Levi died because of saving Jeager's clumsy ass and you couldn't help but hate the poor boy. You'd see him as almost a son, but now you hated him. You didn't give two shits what his little girlfriend Mikasa thought of you anyways.

So to grieve more, you were once again back at his grave. You sat in front of it, Criss crossed. You think about all he's done for you. What you've done for him. Of course you had amazing moments with him, it's what significant others did. You hug, cuddle, laugh, argue, but you wouldn't feel that for awhile. Just as you thought you'd get over it, it got worse. You refused to talk to anyone, only mercilessly slaughtering Titans and staying outside of the plan. You lie down next to his grave, feeling as though sleep would make it more comforting. Only the opposite happened your dreams, your flooded memories of your past.

I want to be alone, alone with you if that makes sense
I want to steal your soul, and hide you in my treasure chest

You and Levi were running around base because well you'd taken one of his cravats. Levi said he hated it when you did, but it was guilty pleasure. He enjoyed having fun with you, he loved the thrill you gave him.

And let me crawl, inside your veins
I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain

Then there's where you'd be there to remind him that you were there for him, and you'd comfort him to feel better about the closest people he considered to family, passing away. He'd sob and you'd hold him in the comfort of your bed after he actually managed to fall asleep as he doesn't feel secure by himself. That's when you realized that you'd always cheerish him even if you guys did argue.

And it's not like me, to be so mean, you're all I've wanted

Lastly his touch. You'd miss touch and haven't let anyone touch you since Levi has passed. Only Levi made you feel good. Only Levi cared for how you felt. Only Levi made you feel special. You only wanted Levi.

Just let me hold you, like hostage

And that's what Levi did. Giving you love he couldn't have kept. You were sobbing as you curled up in a ball until Hanji and other cadets came looking for you and woke up and you screamed in panic. You looked around to see worried faces looking down at you and you called your breathing sitting up slowly.

The only feeling left, is feeling hostage.