Real Magic Doesn't Exist Part 1

Connor's POV

Standing on the stage, performing the final act of the night was stressful to say the least. This was just a small competition and I need to really do something big.

Judge: "The stage is yours Connor."

Connor: "Thank you."

The audience, while only a small group of maybe 600 people, watched me with bored looks on thier face, of course I was last, I was a magician, I wasn't singing a popular song like the other band or dancing to MILF by Fergie. I was just simply seen as the annoying little magician doing card tricks. But I was going to do much more than that tonight.

Connor: "People give magicians a bad name, sleight of hand tricks, stuff to deceive you and hope that you don't catch them out. I'm going to do something different."

I watched the judges yawn, A younger gentlemen that was only here because he was told to be. I only know that from watching his video he uploaded last week, stating he would be a judge at the show, the only reason this place was booked out. Maybe the venue owners convinced him it would be good for his image? I took my shirt off my body, Revealing my slightly built frame, I definitely had been hitting the gym for a couple of months this year, And I'd say it's been paying off a little. I've only lost about 4 kilos but I've put on 2 back just muscle. While I didn't have the abs I wanted for the show to be more successful, if I tense I had them.

Connor: "You can see, no tricks, no cards up my sleeve as I don't currently have any. Mr Power would you like to confirm that I do indeed have nothing on up top?"

I walked down half way as Lachlan stepped forward and patted me down. Honestly, I just wanted an excuse to have him touch me. I wouldn't call myself a fan, and the only reason I saw that video was because Alice told me he would be at my comp. I needed to win.

Lachlan: "Definitely clean guys."

Connor: "Thank you, now I want you to take this deck of cards. Go back to the table and until I call back on you, I want you to mess with the deck, feel free to check it for any cheating I could do like all the cards are the same etc."

Lachlan: "Card tricks original."

Connor: "Alright I'm dropping the act go sit down and fuck with the cards I don't have time for this."

Lachlan: "Rude."

I walked back on stage with a bored expression on my face.

Connor: "I thought to put on this great act, using words to convey a nice little story to go along with it, but I see you only care not only about the other performers. Be honest right now who already thinks I'm a fake or wasting your time."

I saw a good majority of bands go up, doesn't surprise me, the judges all put their hands up as well. It kind of annoyed me that no one had faith in my but sure.

Connor: "Alright well here's the thing, I'm not just a magician, I like to call myself a tinker, I create artificial magic using technology. For example, Lachlan stop messing with the cards and stand up."

I watched him look up at me from under his hair, he was actually pretty cute.

Connor: "Now I want you to place your thumb on any one card for ten seconds."

Lachlan: "Seems a bit long."

Connor: "That's just for theatrics, just pick a card and hold it up. Show the audience but not me."

Lachlan picked up one card. Turned around and showed the audience, but he made a mistake in picking it up using four fingers instead of 2 or 3. This trick just became easier.