Chapter 1: Boring Intro

"Ruwaydah, wake up honey we're here." Mama said.

I open my eyes and looked around, we just arrived at my auntie's house. It was a very nice building and was also in a great neighborhood. 

Too bad we were staying here for a week or two? I really can't remember.

Dad knocks on the door and almost immediately it opened. I'm sure my aunt had been waiting by the door ever since we told her we were getting into her neighborhood.

"Asalamu Alaykum." she squeals as she opened the door, and proceeded to hug my dad, her face face shining with delight and joy.  She then hugs mom, hamza and I in the same manner and also with the same gusto.

I can't say I blame her because the last time she visited Nigeria, I was nine years old and Hamza was two years old. 

That was about seven years ago so her behaviour is a given.

"Salaams to you too auntie." I say pulling away from the hug gasping for air. We go in and remove our shoes making ourselves at home.

"Welcome, people." she said after giving us chilled lemonade and her undeniably sweet homemade cookies most probably made specially for the occasion.

"Ruwaydah sweetie, come over and let me see how much you've grown. " she called to me.

"You know, the last time I saw her then back in Nigeria, she was this short." she continues, talking to my parents while gesticulating energetically with her hands.

That's some energy for a woman her height. I wonder what she eats..

As I make my way towards her, I see her eyes widen as she sees me. 
"La illaha illallah, you're like above six feet tall." she exclaims.

"More like 5'9 actually auntie." I say smiling shyly.

" What's the difference? Anyways Masha Allah. You're sixteen right?."

"Yeah."

"Okay, I know you guys must be exhausted, so come on up to your rooms." my aunt finally announced after some "chit chat" with my parents .

Thank god! I actually thought I was going to pass out from exhaustion.

Adults can talk! You'd think there was a reward for the 'most talkative parent' somewhere.

Once I get to my temporary bedroom, I flop onto the inviting bed and groaned. 

"Masha Allah! What a sweet, lovely and comfy bed. Such a pity I'll be parting ways with you soon." I say to the bed patting it all the while.

My name is Ruwaydah Sanni. I'm 16 years old and as you know, I'm 5'9 inches tall. 

Hamza is my younger brother and he is 9 years old and although I hate to say this, he's quite smart for his age. And believe you me when I tell you that having a brother who's almost as smart as you is no joke at ALL.

 I'm actually a Nigerian from  Victoria Island, Lagos state. 

Hmm let me see.......I'm going to start school this Monday and since this is a Friday evening that gives me two days to settle down and ya know, get to know my surroundings and neighbours( I really do hope they're nice) even though I'm not staying  here permanently. Know what I mean?

I've heard a lot of stuffs about schools here but I just have to wait to find out if it's true or not. Haven't I?

After saying my Isha prayers, I lay down on the bed and unsurprisingly black out almost immediately.

##################*****#####
Hi guys. This is my very first story I really do hope you like the beginning  although its like an intro chapter and it might be quite boring.Feel free to give me ideas and comment.

Ramadan Mubarak!

................................................

Ok guys. this chapter has been edited again. Hence, the changes . I hope you are not dissapointed. I'm going to do that to chapters one to six Insha Allah.

Once I'm done with that, I'll cross check the remaining chapters till date for errors and stuff like that. Thank you :)

 Thank you :)