Chapter 45

Natalie's Pov

I sat nervously as felt Xander's grip on my hand loosen. I know he's upset with me for not telling him but I didn't want him to hurt. "You...you knew this entire time you were sick? Natalie how long have you known?". I keep my mouth shut. "How long Natalie?!" He raises his voice and I instantly look up into his direction. "Since I was 12. It all started when I was 12." I can see total anger written all of his face as he grips the chairs. "Xander, I wanted to tell you I really did but I couldn't. I didn't want to see you hurt". He instantly whips around an did looks could kill I would be dead with his gaze on me

"Hurt? I AM HURT NATALIE! YOU FUCKING KNEW YOU WERE SICK AND DIDNT TELL ME EVEN WHEN I TOLD YOU EVERYTHING ABOUT MYSELF. HOW COULD YOU LIE TO ME ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!" He shouts and tears begin to uncontrollably flow down my cheeks. "Even when I asked you if you were sick you told me nothing was wrong! And this whole entire time you've lied to me!"

Standing up and moving towards him I try to touch his shoulder but he jerks away from me. "Don't touch me. Just go." His words hit my heart like a thousand knives being pierced inside of it. Knowing better than to speak to him I simply nod before walking out and taking the prescription from the doctor and heading outside. I notice the dark clouds in the sky as it looks like it's going to rain. I watch Xander walk right past me, not even acknowledging my presence as he gets into his car across the lot. It starts to drizzle and I call a cab as I wait for it in the steadily dropping temperatures.

I understand Xander is angry especially after I lied to him, but it hurts me the way he looked at me. As if he hated me. I still can't get that image out of my mind. The first person I would usually call at a time like this is Gabby but I know that's not an option. All I know is if I have to I will raise this baby on my own, without Xander's help. I understand why he left but to leave your pregnant girlfriend in the cold weather is a little cruel don't you think?. Anyways there's no point in being angry. Especially since I failed to tell him the truth when he told me everything about himself. He probably thinks I'm a gold digger too now and I only wanted his money. I only hid it from him because I didn't want him to worry about me so much. But as always, things get harder sometimes.

At least I have my baby, and from now on that will be my main focus. I have to stay healthy for my child no matter what.

A minute later the cab pulls up and I tell him the direction to the mansion. Tonight I plan to stay at a motel because I don't want to make Xander more upset then I already have. We make it to the mansion and I get out after paying for the ride. Walking inside I head upstairs to my dressing room and begin to pack my clothes. I heart a knock on the door and turn around to see Mrs. Ana. "Where are you going Nina?"

"Well, I going to a motel tonight. Xander is very angry with me right now because I should've told him something about my health earlier but I didn't. So I'm leaving for now. Please promise me you won't tell Xander where I am ?". She's hesitant at first but smiles gently. "I promise Nina. Please be careful."

Nodding to her I give her a quick hug before walking downstairs and out the mansion.

Soon I catch another cab that takes me to a nearby motel. I pay for a room for 2 nights just in case as the manager hands me the keys to my room. Walking inside its not the most pleasant sight or even smell but it's all I can afford off right now. I only packed most of my clothes that I bought myself as I didn't want to take anything Xander paid for. Tomorrow I to start working back at the diner for my usual hours so I can have some extra change by next week. I haven't exactly gotten everything figured out but I do know that I'm going to have to have a plan before my baby comes.

I decide to shower before eating a few snacks I bought from the vending machine down the hall. I make sure to take my prenatal vitamins before watching tv a little until I feel my eyes start to close uncontrollably as sleep takes over.

Xander's Pov

Anger. Sadness. Fear. Were all the emotions that took over me. I couldn't think, I just reacted. I was so angry at her for keeping such a thing from me but that wasn't the real reason I was upset. The very thought of something happening to her, the thought of my precious angel's heart not beating was unbearable. I was angry at me myself at her and at the world. How could my Bella, my beautiful love have a heart condition that is fatal.

I was so angry and I took my anger out on her. I'm worse than an asshole because I let my anger get the best of me and let my pregnant angel go. I should never have shouted at her, should never have made her cry. I should never have allowed her to get home in such weather all by herself. She may never forgive me for leaving her like that and I don't know what to do. After she left, I went to the hideout to think. I know I might have lost her for good but I have to apologize to her for everything I said. I love her more than life itself and I can't imagine losing her.

What would my life be like if I never met my love?

I will go to her, I will get down on my knees and plead for her forgiveness. Getting into my car I speed down the road and less than 7 minutes I arrive back at the mansion. I run in and head straight upstairs, calling her name. I get worried when I don't an answer. Walking into our room I see the bed untouched and lights out in the bathroom so I try the guest bedroom and her dressing room only to find all her clothes neatly hung up. I open her drawers and that's when I notice her clothes are missing. I get even more worried when I see her suitcase missing too. My heart sinks and I run my fingers through my hair frantically.

Running downstairs I search for Ana until I find her in the kitchen. "Ana, where is Natalie?" She looks up and quickly looks away. "I..well I promised I wouldn't tell her location sir". I try to calm myself from exploding at the woman. "Ana, listen to me. Natalie is pregnant and she's out there alone by herself and it's all my fucking fault now tell me where she is right now!" I yell out.

"She's said she was going to a nearby motel sir. If I had known she was pregnant I would've stopped he-" I don't wait for to finish as I grab my keys and jump into my car. I text Leo and tell him to have my men circle the building for safety measures. I didn't care if I was going over the speed limit, all I cared about was getting to my princess and bringing her home with me safely.

Pulling into the parking lot I grab my keys and run inside the building and ask to speak with the manager. "Excuse me, I need you to tell me if you've seen a woman under the name of Natalie Orez?" Everyone turns their attention to me as they know who I am but I pay them no mind. "Of course Mr. Moretti. And yes a woman named  Natalie checked in around 6 hours ago. Do you know her?"

"She's my fiancé so I need the keys to her room." The man hands me another set of keys before giving me the room number. I walk down the hall until I find her room. I knock twice first but since I didn't get an answer I just used the key and opened the door. Making my way inside I see the lights are off but the tv is on. I close the door behind me and walking further into the room I see my sleeping beauty snoozing peacefully, curled up in the bed. Approaching her unconscious body I kneel down on the side of the bed and reach out to touch her beautiful plump peach blushed cheeks. She's so beautiful when she sleeps that sometimes I would just watch her at night.

Caressing her cheek I place a kiss to her forehead and nose. I will never forgive myself for what I did to her earlier, I don't deserve to even be near her but I love her. And I already love our baby. I watch as her eyes begin to lightly flutter open.