14

Tia didn't expect all eyes to be on her all night. But that's exactly what happened. Some of the girls gave her a look of jealousy, others the look of disgust, a couple the look of admiration. And Marie, well, she gave her the thumbs up.

She had also caught Izana's eye more than once this evening. He seemed to be staring at her when he thought no one was looking. But she noticed even if she wasn't looking in that direction. And it drove her insane.

Why was he looking that way? What for? And why was she so happy that he was looking at her?

Indeed this was puzzling. He surely wouldn't want Tia if someone like Celeste was sitting not even 5 ft away from him. Yet his eyes traveled to the girl every five minutes when he felt the coast was clear.

Clearly, she wasn't going to be left alone for a few weeks. Its as if she had made enemies with the almost the entirety of the room.

And the girls would come after her sooner or later.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

"Your entrance at the dinner yesterday was a little too dramatic don't you think, Tatiana?" Tia looked up from her book to find two fuming princesses, arms crossed.

Tia tried her best to keep from rolling her eyes so bad. She failed.

The girls scoffed at her. "What? Do you think that after what you did that Prince Izana is going to choose you?" The girl on the right asked, anger and resentment clear in her voice.

"At least I'm not going to cheat my way into the elite. Cutting up other girls' dresses to make them late." Tia spat back, the girls shocked at their exposed selves.

"W-what? What are you talking about?" The girl on the left asked though it was very clear she understood what Tia had said.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. You were talking pretty loud about it in the women's room."

The girls started stuttering, trying to form excuses. But it didn't work. They came up empty-handed, walking away with a look of defeat.

Tia smiled and returned to her book, not noticing that a certain prince had heard their words.

*~*~*~*~*

"That's unfair Tia! You should report them!" Zen threw his hands up.

Tia ignored his words and continued to take out her anxiety on the dummy.

"Tia, stop ignoring me."

Tia dropped her sword and turned to look at the boy.

"Zen, I would love to, but you know I'm not the kind of person to do that. Besides, the problem was solved without anyone taking notice."

"But still..."

Tia walked to the boy and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I appreciate you looking out for me. You're like the little brother I never had."

At this, Zen smiled and threw his arms around the girl.

Tia hated being hugged but made an exception just for this certain boy.

Tia slowly wrapped her arms around him.

Hi. :)

Ok so i know i passed 5k. Im at 6k now hOLY-

Anyways thank you guys so much for everything.

I love you 💜