Chapter 18

TWO CHAPTERS IN TWO NIGHTS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! CHEEEER! ALMOST 400 VIEWS! LETS PARTEEEEEEY! 

BTW, I'm so sorry for this chapter. And what happened with Fitz. I guess. You'll see more of him, and the others, soon. ;) *smirks Keefe smirk*

Cess was scared. And exasperated. Fior-Fior of all people!-had seen! He'd seen her secret! And then he ran away! Probably to tell some of his dorky, goody-two-shoes friends. Yes, he was a little different than she had thought, but still! 

She tromped off in the direction he'd gone. She was going to find him, and-and... Force him not to tell! And then she should find Lai. Oh, boy, she was gonna have a fit! Fior liiiiiiked her!!!

But, at the moment, that was not important. 

Cess was just stomping up the staircase where she had last seen him, when she heard a bloodcurdling scream. The remainder of the prodigies turned and looked at the stairs with confusion and bewilderment.

Who was screaming up there? It sounded uncannily like-

Find Lai, Cess! Please! She's in some sort of danger. I don't really know what. I don't really know where. But, please. Please find her. Find Lai! Without m-

The voice that sounded exactly like Fior cut off suddenly. 

Cess screamed. Then everyone turned toward her. 

Obviously, no one else had heard it. That almost made her question herself... But no. That was Fior.

She pounded up the stairs and threw open the door.

She expected to see, I dunno, a big spider, or a snarling monster.

Instead, she saw nothing. 

Nothing except Fior.

Collapsed upon the ground.

Cess ran over, screaming. He didn't look hurt, but he didn't look like he was... moving either.

She threw herself onto her knees, and pressed her palm to his heart.

Nothing.

She jumped up, her whole face as pale as a ghost. She had to clap her hand hard over her mouth, to not be sick. 

No.

No.

She screamed again, and grabbed Fior's shoulders. She shook him, tears in her eyes. When he didn't respond, she took action. She flung him over her shoulder and burst through the doors and practically flew down the stairs. She ran as fast as she possibly could to Elwins'. 

She dumped him on the table, and ran, screaming, into his office. 

Elwin jumped a foot.

"Cess?!"

Then she passed out.  

Cess woke up on a table.

How did I get here?!

Elwin was fretting over Fior, who was also on a table, his back turned to Cess. 

A corked bottle was placed next to her.

Her throat was dry. Why?

She sat up and rubbed her head. A blanket fell from her lap. Elwin turned to look at her, his face puffy. He tried for a smile. 

"You feeling better? I hailed your mom, told her where you were. She kind of freaked. Especially since it wasn't because of Lai."

Lai? What about L- It all came rushing back. She jumped out of bed, and staggered around, very lightheaded.

Elwin grabbed her arms. "You shouldn't be up! You just fainted, and I gotta deal with hi-"

Cess pushed out of his grip and ran over to Fior.

"IS HE OK?! He... He looked d-d-" She broke out in sobs.

Elwin looked a bit worried.

"Well... He's alive-"

"Thank god!"

"But... he won't wake up. His vitals are very weak, and he seems to be very deeply asleep. I'm having to use my best elixirs to keep him from going into a coma. Which is exactly why you should be in bed not bothering me! Also, didn't you use to hate him? I mean," He smiled slightly, "Do you have some sort of crush on him?"

"NO! I-I just don't want him dying, is all."

"Okay..." He turned back to Fior. "You should lay back dow-"

The door of the infirmary swung shut.

Elwin called after her, "Cess, wait! The elixir hasn't set... in... yet..."

He knew she was gone. 

He sighed, grabbed a creamy blue substance off his shelf, and smeared it on the boys' arm.

He's too young to have a murder attempt....