Chapter Nine

For a while, (Y/N) kept her distance from Strange and Tony. Peter had not ventured too far off to a point where he would feel compelled to talk to her. And in a way, that was relieving. She could go a day without questions, a day without rejection and denial. That was fine with her. If they didn't want to believe it, who was she to force them?

The whole galaxy only rested in her hands. What's the big whoop?

It was evening time. The once orange sky of Titan disintegrated into a dark mass of browns and soft oranges. Wind no longer blew, dust no longer kicked up from the ground; it was peaceful just like it had once been for a long time. Titan once was a planet where citizens were constantly hustling and bustling, parents continued to find ways to provide for their children, teenagers whipped around the city center with worry. It was calm, tranquil. It had always seemed like nothing could disturb the peace that lingered and wafted its way through the air in tiny gusts of wind and flowed into every inhabitant.

Even after Thanos' wrath, Titan remained quiet and nonviolent. (Y/N)'s ability to maintain the region only made that fact all the more truthful. Day in and day out, she found new books to help her understand her powers and the rest of the universe. Throughout long days, she would walk around the vast lands and come upon vegetation that intrigued her. With small lights twinkling from her palms, she would revive them. Even the dusty ground beneath her held some sort of life source. Being over a century, (Y/N) found herself more wise than even her most intelligent ancestors.

They could've never done that. They would've given up.

Because inside of Titan always laid hundreds of people that struggled to understand destruction and chaos. They knew of little pain and had always intended to keep it that way. Even when being tormented and struggling to make ends meet, every person that called the planet home kept it vibrant.

But now it was just (Y/N).

And three Avengers that had no idea what the hell was going to happen. Even with Strange's abilities to view futures, he couldn't predict the events that would soon unfold; he couldn't wrap it around his thick skull that one of the most powerful females could potentially save everything that lives.

His pessimism only drove her goal farther.

The next morning came quicker than expected. (Y/N) found herself shocked that she'd managed to sleep so long that she never got to see the horizon light up.

How peculiar.

Because of this, she'd missed her early opportunity to avoid the Avengers and continue to scavenge.

However, that was not the case.

As she stumbled out of her bedding, she'd been greeted by Peter. This took her off-guard, seeing as though the young man was never around her unless the other two were.

"What's up?" She asked, unaware as to why he would come to her in the first place.

Suddenly, the young boy started to get flustered. He fondled his hands just in front of the middle of his chest; his adam's apple bobbed as he tried to think of something to say. In all honesty, he really just wanted to ask her if she had any food or drink they could use, but instead, he decided to delve farther into what type of outcomes (Y/N) manipulated to make a successful battle.

"How can you manipulate time?" He asked, his voice shaking as he realized that was probably the dumbest question he'd ever asked.

But, unfazed, she decided to answer him, "You know his Strange is the guardian of Time more or less?"

He nodded.

"So am I, only, instead of casting spells and harnessing a time stone, the six infinity stones have implanted themselves in me without any direct handling of the stones."

He shook his head, pessimistic like the rest, "How is that even possible?"

(Y/N)'s eyes shifted away from Peter and stared directly at the ground in front of her.

So close minded.

"You all must find this so difficult to comprehe—"

Suddenly, a loud crashing noise erupted in the atmosphere. At first, (Y/N) thought nothing of it; probably just Strange and Tony trying to fix the damage they'd inflicted.

In that moment, time slowed again.

(Y/N) decided to take a look at the crash that had so vividly come upon them.

As she did so, for a split second she noticed a purple colored creature in the distance, close to Tony and Strange.

Her breath hitched in her throat.

Not again.