Chapter 46

Natalie's Pov

I wake up to the feeling of a gentle and big hand on my cheek. Fluttering my eyes open I see a very stressed Xander. How did he find me?.......Ana. I sit up straight in the bed, my eyes never leaving his. "Xander how did you find me? And especially at this time of morning?". Instead of answering my question he does something I would never expect. He lays his head in my lap as his arms circle my waist. I feel something wet drip onto my thigh and that's when I realized he was crying.

I instantly bring my hands up to his hair, running my fingers through it. I lean down and kiss his head as I hear a small sob escape him. "Sssh Xander, it's ok. Everything is going to be alright. I promise you. I'm so sorry for not telling you abou-" he snaps his head up from my hold and immediately cuts me off. "No. Don't apologize. Don't ever apologize for anything angel. If anyone should beg for forgiveness it will be me. Love I'm so sorry for what I did to you earlier . I was just so angry and I took my anger out on you. How could I hurt the person I love most." He gives me sad eyes and I give him a small smile of reassurance. "I understand why you were angry and I should've told you sooner. You shared everything about yourself with me and I didn't. I'm sorry. But you did hurt me today Xander. You left me."

"I know and I'm an asshole. I'm not going to be able to forgive myself for what I did to you. I left you....and I promise I will punish myself for every minute of it. But please love, I'm begging you to forgive me, please. Your the most important thing to me in the whole world and I could never live with myself if I ever lost you and the baby. I'm so...so sorry my love. And I swear to you on my life, that I will never ever do anything like that again. I won't leave your side no matter how angry I get. I won't ever let you go no matter what."

Tears just constantly stream down my cheeks at his apology. He hurt me yes and I know I hurt him but I could never not forgive him. I put my finger under his chin, making him look up and me and begin to caress his cheeks. "I want you to know that there's nothing you could do..that I wouldn't forgive you for. Because I know your heart. I know you're sorry and I do forgive you but please don't do anything like that again. It really hurts".

"I'm so sorry baby, I swear I won't ever."

Nodding my head I bend down to kiss his lips. It was a forgiving kiss, a needing kiss because we both just needed to be in each other's warmth right now. Pulling away I guide him into the bed and as he lays down I lay on top of him, his arms coming down and securing around my waist. "I will never hurt my love again. I promise you". Was the last thing I heard before complete darkness consumed me.

Slowly peeking my eyes open I am met with the first few bright rays of the sun. Stretching gingerly I try to sit up but am stopped by strong hands attached to my sides. I feel air meeting my bare stomach and looking down I see Xander whispering to my tummy and placing butterfly kisses on it. "Be good to mommy now baby. Please don't make her sick". Smiling down at him I reach down to run my fingers through his hair and his gaze turns up in my direction.

"Love, you're awake. I'm so sorry for wha-" I immediately hushed him. "No no. No more talk about yesterday. I've forgiven you so it will not be mentioned by me or YOU ever again. Understand Mi Vida?" He chuckles before crawling up until he hovers over me before bending down and placing a soft kiss to my lips. "Yes ma'am.". I place my hands on his biceps as he begins to trail kisses to my neck.

My breath quickly hitches as I let out a low moan of pleasure before he pulls away to look at me. "Angel, don't ever run away from me again ok?. It's dangerous to be alone in a room like this at night and especially when you're carrying our baby. I wouldn't let myself live if something happened to the two of you so from now on, stay in the mansion." Nodding my head softly I kiss his nose before glancing at the clock on the wall that reads 9:07am.

Crap I'm late for work.

I instantly try to pry his arms off of me but they only tighten. "And just where do you think you're going kitten?" I hesitate when I think about what he might say, but soon continue. "Well...I....kinda called the new manager at the diner and told him to give me 12 hour shifts for the next two weeks." I see a hint of anger in his face but he immediately begins to calm himself when he notices the slight fear in my eyes. "And why did you do that angel? Weren't you planning on coming back home to me?"

"Of course I was. But I needed to have a plan in order incase you changed your mind about having me around. I know how mad you were with me Xander. I could see the anger in your eyes and I felt like you'd never forgive me so I had to have a plan in order so I could take care of my self for the baby." He lets out a long sigh before sitting me up and lifting me onto his lap, hugging me to him. His hand holding the back of my head my face buried in his neck.

"My sweet love. I promise to you this day, that you will always be with me. I could never not want you, the love of my life and mother of our baby around. You mean so much to me that it almost hurts. Never ever even for a second think or say in any way that I don't want you because you're all I want in life." He seals his promise with a kiss and my heart blooms with warmth. This man is adorable when he's not scary boss man of the world or greatest Mafia leader.

"I love you."

"I love you too Xander". Bringing up his hand To my lips I kiss the palm of it and gaze at him lovingly. I wish we could always spend our time like this but I have to at least get to work for a few hours. "Xander you do know that I have to work a little today right?" He instantly shakes his head vigorously against my chest. "No love. You're pregnant. And the doctor just said that you are not to stress yourself out in any way, something could happen to the baby and what about your heart. Working too hard could put a strain on your heart and I'd lose you both. And that's not fucking happening."

I grab his cheeks, caressing them with the pad of my thumbs. "I know you're worried about me. But I feel fine and I only want to work for a few hours. I'd be back before it gets dark. How about 6 hours? Pretty please"? I give him a wide grin as he looks at me sternly. "5 hours angel."

"5 and a half?".

"4 and a half now. The more you push the more I deny." I huff in playful irritation and give a quick peck on the lips before springing up and out of bed to get dressed in my uniform.  Running into the bathroom I take a quick shower before drying off and getting dressed. I decided to apply very light makeup before grabbing my bag and walking back into the room. I notice Xander is already dressed and his men are walking in and out to take my luggage back home.

I run up behind Xander and wrap my arms around his waist. "I'm heading out to work now Xander . Have a good day ok". I say as I begin to rush out, that is until his arm captures me around my waist. "Oh no you don't little minx. We have to get some food in that tummy of yours for you and our little peach." He rubs my belly and I nod in agreement. He grabs my hand in his and we head outside to his car. He helps me inside and buckles me in before getting in himself.

We decided to get carry outs from IHOP so I could eat on the way to work. Munching on my heavenly pancakes I suddenly remember to text the new manger to tell him that I'll be late. Sending the the text I close my phone and slip it back in my purse. "Who were you texting love?"

"The new manger to inform him I will be a little late today. Gosh I hope he doesn't fire me." Xander chuckles and lifts my sticky syruped hand to his mouth before sucking the sweet fluid off my fingers. I blush at this action and smile gently at him. "Even if he does fire you I would be slightly relieved because I don't want you to work too much and stress yourself. "

"I know Xander. And I promise I'll stop if I feel it's too much." He kisses my hand before turning the wheel in his other to park in a lot at the diner. I unfasten my seatbelt and grab my back before putting my hand on the car door handle but Xander touches my arm gently, halting my actions. "Now love I need you to listen to me. If you feel tired, in pain anywhere or uncomfortable at all I want you to call me and I will be here in less than 10 minutes ok? I will call you every hour to see how you're doing ok? And 4 and a half hours that's it and I'm coming to get you, understand?"

I nod my head as a smiles edges its way onto my face. He leans in and places a long, lingering sweet kiss to my lips before caressing my cheek. "I love you baby. And you too little peach". He bends his head down and kisses my tummy and I giggle at his actions. "I'll see you later love".

I get out the car and wave one last time before making my way inside the diner to start the beginning of a very busy day.