#21 Force Of Nature

A/N

This was a request. The reader wanted a one shot based off the song "Force of Nature" by Bea Miller.

This is the result.

Bold words are the actual song lyrics for those of you who haven't heard the song before this. (like me...:))

I don't know why but my hands are shaking
I can see you coming and I stand here waiting
Yeah I get tongue tied in the conversation
It's an F'd up, bad, sick situation

Poe Dameron scared the heck out of you. Like seriously. Your hands get all clammy and your brain pretty much dies every time he comes in the room. Okay, your not really 'scared' of him, but everyone thinks you are. Like, ya, you don't really like people in general. But somehow, without fail, Poe Dameron, always just has to walk in and, somehow, talk to you. It's like he knows you don't want company and decided that he was going to give it to you anyways.

Usually you were pretty good at avoiding people politely. You just were always able to think up some smooth excuse to either leave or end the conversation. But not with Poe Dameron. No. He just doesn't take no for an answer. The guy literally refuses to take hints.

I tried to tie my heart down, board up all the windows
Oh but it's too late now
I let you get too close
I know I should take cover, hide inside these four walls
But baby I surrender, it all

You discovered after several days that he wasn't going to leave you alone, and you just resigned yourself to hating him, but after a while, you found yourself unknowingly looking forward to his visits. you didn't notice it at first, but one day he waltzed in all happy, and practically reeking of confidence and testosterone, and you smiled.

He lit up like a victory celebration and winked, "Careful there," he said in a whisper, "People might think you enjoy human company."

Your smile vanished, trying desperately to guard your heart from danger. You scowled at him as best you could. You'd given up a long time ago on being polite with Poe. He didn't seem to care either way. "I don't. Go away." you said bluntly. Not the most eloquent rejection, but certainly to the point.

I feel your lips move in and they take me under
You know just what to do, how to make me want you
And I know I'll be broken when it's over
Oh but I can't help but pull you closer

Poe waved you off and stepped up to your side looking over your shoulder at your work. "Ahh, you don't really want me to leave." he smiled again. "Whatcha workin on?" he asked, though he wasn't looking at your work, more like scanning the side of your face.

You made the mistake of turning to face him. "Wor-"

His lips slid gently over yours, and you froze. What the eff are you supposed to do with this!?

You jerked away from him. a shocked look coming over your face. Poe interpreted it as terror. Which maybe it was a little bit, and he stepped back, looking very apologetic and hurt. "Hey, I'm sorry I shoul-"

You ran out of the room, what the heck! He kissed you! You didn't want kissed! Did you want kissed? Your brain was beginning to confuse you. You entered your quarters and sat on your bed trying to figure out your jumbled emotions.

You were scared of feelings. You had feelings. Did you like Poe? You hadn't thought so. But maybe you did... Aww crap. You think you like Poe.

You knew he had taken a huge emotion risk, laying out his emotions for you like he had. You were just to stupid to realize what he had ment until the kiss. And seriously, in your book, someone displaying emotions freely like that was incredibly dangerous and brave.

Oh and you just ran out on him! the more you thought about it, the more you thought you should probably go find him and apologize for being so mean.

I'll be here 'till we collide
I don't care if I survive
So crash into me one more time

You stood, determined to find Poe and apologize. You looked up at the chrono just as you reached the door, it was already 11:00 P.M.! Poe was probably sleeping by now but you ignored that fact. You had just worked to build up your courage, there was no going back now.

You had to ask for directions to Poe's room, and the person gave you a strange look before pointing you in the right direction. You paused for a moment, and then rapped lightly on the door, your courage failing you, and you hoped that the knock was light enough that he would sleep through it.

But just your luck, the commander was still awake. He was pretty much the full package. Droopy, glassed over eyes, empty bottle in his hand, confused look on his face. He straightened when he realized it was you.

You opened your mouth to talk but everything you had planned on saying was forgotten instantly. Your mouth went dry and you snapped your mouth closed. Poe stood there waiting. He shifted nervously. Were you going to say something or what?

You sucked in a deep breath, avoided looking at his face and just let it out.

"Hi, I'm sorry about how I reacted. I'm sorry that I'm always so mean to you. I'm not good with relationships. Ever since My first and last one, I don't like risking anything. And you're always so open and honest that It scared me. I don't let myself feel... love. It's hurt me in the past, and its dangerous. You love everything. Everyone. You practically wear your heart on your sleeve. You're... dangerous. But I... I do like you. I... just don't want to like you. And now I do want too?"

You hadn't hardly dared to breath between words afraid that if you paused for too long you would lose your nerve and run away again. But somewhere in the midst of your rant, Poe tilted his head to catch your eyes with his. He held you there.

'Cause you're a force of nature
Look at what you've done
I can taste the danger but I don't wanna run
So pull me to the ground and I won't put up a fight
I'm a caution taker, but baby you're a force of nature
Baby you're a force of nature

Poe nodded. "Okay. I'll just warn you next time I plan on kissing you."

Your shoulders sagged thinking he hadn't understood what you had been talking about. If he didn't understand your problem then there really was no point continuing this conversation. "That's not the problem Poe." you sighed, beginning to turn away.

He dropped the bottle on the floor, the sound ringing through the empty hall, and he grabbed your shoulders. "Okay. I realize that. No more joking..." He said very seriously, and you believed him. He did understand. You relaxed. It was nice finally having someone who got it. Poe pulled you gently towards his door, giving you plenty of time to pull away if you wanted, and continued, "...but If kissing isn't a problem, then you should probably not leave yet, because I just drank a whole lot of the strong stuff all by myself and need to work it out of my system."

He smirked, and you followed him. The door slid shut behind you, the empty bottle lying alone on the floor outside.

This guy just didn't know when to stop.

A/N

Hope you like it! Let me know!

BYE