Chapter 19: Activity Rising

(Aoi's POV)

"Ugh..." I open my eyes to see Elaine supporting my limp body, "Sup..."

"Aoi!" She look at me worried.

"What happen?" I tried to stand up straight only to almost fall over.

"I patched you up, but your body is still weak from that attack."

"Attack...?" Then I remembered the incident with the robber, "What happen to those two guys?"

"They both retreated. The guy with a teleporting ability transfer himself and his friend out of there."

"Another important question... Why is my body still in stress?" I groan.

"I-I'm not sure... My ability makes sure that my patience are perfectly healthy!"

"Well, you did a shit job..."

"Aoi!" She punch my arm.

"Kidding, kidding." I wince.

'Strange, my ability should've helped Elaine with the wound. I should've been walking perfectly right now...' I close my eyes to recap the events.

I've pictured the scenario that played in my head, back where I was attacked, 'That should've kept you down!' I remembered the robber calling me out on it.

'Kept me down? Does the knife have poison?'

"Let go of me." I nudge her.

"W-What? No! You're still hurt!"

"I said: Let. Go." I glared.

My healer look at me in surprise, before slowly letting go.

"Thank you... Wait for me at the entrance of the park. I'll be right back." I trudge back towards the scene.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took a deep breath as I analyze the environment.

'The one with the teleportation was mostly doing the combat...' I still remembered fighting the man.

I found the knife still on the floor and slowly walk towards it.

'Thank god, the man left the knife.' I thought as I slowly picked it up and inspect it. Something was odd about it. My finger brush on some engraving and I turn to the butt of the knife to look at it.

It had an engraving of an "E" on it.

My eyes narrow, 'EMBER?'

I activate my ability and focus my aura to my eyes to enhance it. Trying to inspect if some trickery was upon this.

I notice stains on the knife and gave it a small lick before spitting it out.

"Poison... Not strong though. It's not meant for killing me, it was meant for deactivating my ability, but it wasn't enough. They need help from either another poison knife itself or an accomplice..." My voice trailed off when I said accomplice.

'My attacker had an accomplice with him... It could be possible that he could've have a deactivation ability.' I took a deep breath and put the knife in a sheath before storing away in my pants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I limp back to Elaine, who I see William and Seraphina with her.