Chapter 23

I know it's late but for a few more minutes it's still Monday, for me at least so I'm counting it :)

This one has some Brandon love and a whole lot of Gabe time because he needed some attention, hope you like it because I don't fully remember what I typed at this point. Airport phone writing for you so I apologize in advance for the mistakes ... happy reading!

1:35 A.M.

That's what the clock on the nightstand is telling me the time is.

I went to bed three hours ago and I am being woken up at 1:35 in the morning.

"Sparks, stop glaring at me. You know what the Doc said about waking you up every few hours for the first night. We're just making sure you're not dying on us." The sexy voice lies, my Brandon would never be so cruel to me.

The man beside me laughs, shaking the bed and jarring me further awake. "Oh my god you're fucking cute when you're tired, did you know that?" I crack my eyes open to find him smiling brightly at me, I don't think I should trust someone who looks so happy at this hour.

He laughs again and I finally give up the fight to stay asleep, rolling over onto my back to look up at his gorgeous face. "I said that out loud too, didn't I?" His nod makes me groan, and a second later he lays down beside me before pulling my body to lay across his own like a human blanket. It's comfortable enough that I don't care to move or even blush.

Brandon sighs contentedly and begins running his fingers through my hair in such a way that I curl into him unconsciously, silently conveying how much I love what he's doing. "You did, but don't worry I'm not usually this happy, or awake at all at this time of night," he tells me, and then hesitates as if he's not sure about what he says next. "I'm just happy because I'm with you, Sparks. Seeing you, being near you, hearing your laugh, hell, even when someone just mentions your name my whole goddamn world lights up."

Without my permission, my eyes start to fill and I sniffle slightly before rolling over until we're face to face again. Looking in his eyes that were once so full, of sadness, now brimming with love and happiness, I get that feeling of completeness all my guys give me. This amazing, wonderful man, who just said all those amazing, wonderful things is all mine and I love him so much, even if he did just wake me up at 1:35 in the morning.

"I love you Brandon Henshaw," I tell him with a quick kiss before I pull back, "and just so you know, you light up my world too, Grease Monkey." My cheeky remark works to make him smile fully before another deep chuckle shakes his body, as well as mine since I'm still on top of him.

He pulls me close and copies my actions, a quick teasing kiss before he pulls back. "I love you too, Sang Sorenson, so goddamn much." Then, because he can, he kisses me for longer and far more heatedly than before, stopping only when my head flops back on a pillow with a thud and I wince slightly.

Hovering over me, he checks me over before rolling away with a puff of breath. "Holy shit that was a million times more amazing than I could have ever dreamed, and when you're not concussed I would very much like to do that again." The excitement in his tone has me blushing hard and giggling even harder.

"Uh...thank you?" He chuckles again before kissing me once more before standing to leave.

"Alright, I'm fairly certain that since you were coherent enough to remember my name, and to make out that the questions are kind of unnecessary. But if Sean or Doc ask, I totally did everything I was supposed to." His eyebrows raised in silent question, he waits for my nod before heading out the door with a quick 'night, love you' and I fall backwards. With a sigh I glance back at the clock.