ii.

A Day Later

It was too early for this shit, the black-haired man groaned internally. He was rarely the bearer of news and he despised the role but the sooner he gets the information to them, the better.

"They heard she's come back."

Seokjin's jaw clenched as he nodded in acknowledgement. The board adored drama and watching him suffer, this instance wouldn't be any different. A group of experienced men and women who were supposed to guide and help them after their parents' passing but they were nuisances at best and a pack of ruthless and manipulative assholes at worst.

"They sent an invitation for the three of you to the party tonight." Hoseok said, his voice softer in the next words as if he didn't want anyone to hear. "Min was also written in the guest list."

Taehyung clicked his tongue in distaste. "This spells disaster, hyung." He remarked dryly. "What do you think they're up to now?"

Pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration, Seokjin let the words leave his lips distastefully. "The usual, Tae. Chaos and bullshit. We'll just brief Jisoo on how to act and she'll have to be civil to Min, no matter what."

The younger ones shared a concerned look, knowing it wouldn't be too easy to do that. Shouldn't he be more wary since the Board was going after Jisoo?

"What time is it, by the way?" The blond asked as he cast his eyes on the clock, noting it was 8 a.m. before turning to the brunet. "Call your noona, we'll continue this after breakfast."

Still a bit shaken about this turn of events, Taehyung swiftly obeyed and left his hyungs alone in the study.

"She's a smart girl, and we can't hide this from her forever. It's in her blood, after all."

Hoseok shifted uncomfortably as the eldest's eyes turned glassy and a dark look was on his face.

~*~*~

"Do I have a say in this?" Jisoo yawned, playing with her food even if she knew what the answer was. Her brother briefly confirmed it before resuming to eat.

It was only her first day back and though she wanted nothing more than to spend a lazy day at home, the urgency and worry in Taehyung's eyes made her realize the intensity of the situation. She faintly recalls the Board, her knowledge was admittedly limited but if the mention of them made him uneasy, she'll have to go. In situations like this, she'd have asked for more information but the distress was so visible she opted to not press the subject further.

"And there's our only princess!"

Despite her worry, Jisoo smiled at the nickname and let him ruffle her hair. Hoseok was balancing a box and a black bag which would quite possibly contain her outfit for tonight.

"Good morning to you too, oppa." She greeted, taking her utensils and placing them on the sink before walking towards him once more.

"Well," Hoseok beamed as he looked pointedly at the things he was holding. "These are for you, Jichu. I don't really know what's your style but I think this one would look beautiful on you."

"Thank you, but can you put it in my room, please?"

The brown-haired man placed a hand on her shoulder, keeping her in place. "Aw, why don't you try it on first, noona?" He butted in. "I'm sure Hobi-hyung spent a lot of time trying to pick the perfect dress for you."

The black-haired man flushed, making her giggle. "I suppose I should try it on then. I'll be back in a few." Grabbing the stuff, she walked away.

Taehyung lost the smile as soon as he was sure she was gone. "What did hyung say?"

Hoseok grimaced. "Something about teaching the board a lesson, how to keep our ex-lovers civil and the League or the media."

The youngest's face darkens. It was hard enough to be orphaned at their age, they were all expected to do things they struggled to do. Seokjin sacrificed so much for them, Jisoo went through a lot of shit and Taehyung couldn't do anything. They're all he has left and God help the idiot who thinks he can break the siblings' bond.

The older man clears his throat to get his attention. "You know," hesitation was clear in his voice. "I think it's about time Yoongi and Jisoo see each other again."

When he thinks the brown-haired man was about to speak, he cuts him. "He'll be here in a few hours. The last time I saw him, he was still waiting for her and wanted to continue the relationship."

"I know."

Hoseok meets his eyes, hope evident in them and so Taehyung continues. "I always looked up to Yoongi-hyung, you know? I always thought they wouldn't ever break up because of how damn well they went together. Even when he was the reason noona was hurt and crying, I still had respect for him. I just want them to have closure, it's like a being near a time bomb whenever you mention one to the other."

2 years wasn't enough to heal the wound. So much had happened since then, no healing happened. And it was a shame, because it was all so beautiful.

The black-haired girl arrived in a short black dress that reached mid-thigh, a sweetheart bodice that hugged her figure well, thin see-through lace with no sleeves and a rather puffy skirt. At the very least, she seems pleased with the dress evidenced by the beautiful smile on her face.

"Ji-noona, Yoongi-hyung might be there tonight."

The smile falls.