8- The Red Train

Two weeks past quickly, and the summer break is over before Skyler realizes it. 

Now, she has been dropped off at King's Cross Station, London, by all of her family, who kissed her goodbye in front of the impressive building.

 A little shy, Skyler walks to platform 9. Her ticket says...- "Platform 9 3/4? You think yourself funny?"  A conductor says to a skinny, black haired boy. The bald man doesn't look all to pleased with the raven haired boy, and scoffs as he walks away.

Skyler has seen him before! Walking out of Madam Malkin's. And at Gringotts. "Hey!" Skyler exclaims to the boy. "Are you going to Hogwarts too?" she asks him, getting a nod in respond. 

"Yes, I do. But I've no idea where to go." The boy gives Skyler a sad smile, she responds him with a grin. 

"We'll figure it out together. I'm Sky by the way. Skyler Foster." Back at home, Skyler's parents had decided that it is for the better if Skyler only uses her mother's name. Perhaps some people would love to take out revenge on relatives of Loki or Thor.

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter." 

Skyler's eyes widen, but she forces herself not to stare, nor to show pity. "Nice to meet you, Harry. I think it's pretty annoying that I tell you this, but I'm very sorry for your parents," she mumbles. 

Harry shakes his head. "I was raised by Muggles, so it's more annoying is when I hear people ask: 'What spell did you use on him?' or 'It's an honor to meet you, Mr. Potter, it's a great honor.' I didn't even know what I did..." 

Skyler looks at him, confused. "Muggles? What are Muggles?" 

"Non magic folk. Aren't you from the magic world? You seem... so well informed." 

Skyler smiles mysteriously. "I did my research." 

Harry nods again.  

A silence falls, only to be interrupted by a red haired woman, followed by five ginger children.  "-I swear,  every year we go to Hogwarts-" she shouts.

 Harry and Skyler give each other a look. 

Skyler then smirks lazily. "I think they know how to get there." 

Harry nods, but Skyler has already run off to the woman. "Excuse me, madam? But my friend and I are lost. Could you...-" 

"I'm terribly sorry, Muggle girl, but I don't know the way here either...-" the woman says to her, 

Skyler smiles gently. "We aren't Muggles. My parents dropped me off, thinking I could find my way to the Platform myself... obviously, I can't." 

Harry finally arrives besides Skyler, and when the woman sees the snowy owl, in a cage, she believes them. "Well then, run straight into that wall. Behind it is the platform. Better take a run when you're doing it for the first time." The woman points to the wall, while give those instructions. 

"Okay, thank you," Skyler says before running straight into the wall. 

___________________

Liking it? Well, I am.

xx

edited on: 07/07/2019