A chance...

"You bitch..."

I was expecting a slap, but Asmodeus was held back by my dark creatures. I was never happier to see them than today.

Ryan threw a protective hand across my waist and pulled me tightly towards him, while the other held Henry. Warmth bubbled in my heart. I belong here, right beside him.

"Any last words, Asmodeus?"

He looked defeated, but there was something else glinting in his eyes. And I am damn sure it's not a good thing.

"Yes, tell 'Hi' to your parents for me."

With that, he threw the dagger he was clutching all this time at me.

As if on cue, Ryan did a 180° turn, and I was on his left side, trying hard to breathe. My brain felt like shaking after the fastest spin I have ever taken.

A small whimper was heard, followed by Asmodeus' scream.

After holding my head tightly to gain balance, I moved away from Ryan to see him carrying a blood covered Henry.

The dagger pierced his fragile chest and ran straight to his heart.

Though Henry was a danger to the world, I still found myself crying. He was a small child, after all. None of the things he did were his fault.

Asmodeus, on the other hand, was hysterical.

"You bastard! You made me kill my own son. My only family"

Somehow, I felt a little pity for him. Killing your own blood knowingly or unknowingly was so much to take in. My father should have felt the same when he stabbed me that night.

"Karma is a bitch, Asmodeus. You have killed so many people and made many families suffer for your own pleasure. Atarah's parents, James's family, Ignacia..."

I snapped my head at Ryan, hearing her name. Ignacia is dead? Sure, I hadn't seen her till now, but was she dead?

Sensing my shocked eyes on him, Ryan gave a stiff nod, confirming his statement.

Tears flowed from my eyes uncontrollably. I loved her like my mother, even though we met only for a few days. She became a part of my life. And now she's also gone.

"You have to pay a price for cruelty, Asmodeus. And unfortunately, it was your son. Your children are the ones who suffer from your mistakes."

Asmodeus kneeled down, still having dark creatures around him. The whole ground was silent, everyone staring at one person.

"Kill me."

Though Asmodeus said it low, I am sure everyone with vampire ears heard it. His voice was desperate and filled with sorrow.

"No."

Ebenezer came and joined us.

"We are not allowed to kill a Royal."

Asmodeus is a Royal? Of course he is.

"But we are."

Cole, out of nowhere, along with Alex and others, stood in front of the raised ground.

I looked at him with tearful eyes, and he gave me a small smile in return.

Alex's eyes trailed between me and Ryan, and the way he was holding me.

After a minute, a small sigh escaped his lips and he eventually smiled at us. He has finally approved our relationship. And I think I can consider him now as my grandfather.

My eyes suddenly darted to the long sword held by Cole. He was slowly closing towards Asmodeus, whose head was so low that one would doubt if he had a neck.