•1•Diana•

||A/N||- (update, 17 April 2019) Thank you guys so much for deciding to read this book. I hope you like it. I reached 50K reads about a week back and honestly, damn. This was my first book and it was mostly written because literally every book I came across on wattpad was about a crazy rich Mafia guy who fell in love with a woman and just had to get her. To be able to complete the book, itself was a big deal, to be able to reach out to a big audience was an even bigger one.
Anyway, hope you like it.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Punch harder."

Diana gritted her teeth as she continued jabbing at the punching bag in front of her. She was punching as hard as she could. It had almost been a week since she was brought to that goddamn place.

"Alright. Take a break. I'll be back in five." Sid said as he threw her a face towel and a water bottle from the fridge.

Sid was her trainer; the only nice person in that hell hole. Though that was probably because he was the only one who could beat her up and not get in trouble with the boss. Cause it was just "training". At least he didn't give her weird looks like the others did.

She heard a click of the door getting locked as he left. She placed the cold bottle against her knuckles and almost let out a moan. She still had bruises from the early training. The first few days, she had no idea they had a training room. Sid had taken her outside and made her punch a tree, without any gloves.

Then, Diana refused to eat anything or train; giving them clear ideas on where they could shove up the bread and weapons. Later on, she realised she could do with a bit of training. Cause if she got a chance to escape, she wouldn't want it to fail because she was a skinny little girl who couldn't fight.

The training room was pretty big. Even though she was kidnapped and she probably shouldn't have liked it there at all, she liked the arena. At least compared to the dungeon that she slept in. Okay, it wasn't exactly a dungeon. It was furnished but there is no way light could enter the room at night.

"The boss says not to strain yourself," Sid said re-entering. Diana rubbed the sweat off her face and stood up to receive the next set of orders.

The boss.

This guy made it seem like she was an important person but still refused to meet her or tell her why she was kidnapped. And whenever she asked Sid when she could meet him, she got the same answer, "Soon."

And before she could argue, he would start yelling out orders.

"Do 30 crunches," Sid ordered.

That was probably the best exercise. It let her be alone with her thoughts and also she didn't have the fear of getting her face punched in. But on the bad side, she had never bothered to exercise before so this left her with pain in her abdomen making it hard for her to move, stretch or laugh, though the last one wasn't much of a problem.

After about three hours, she was taken back to her room. Usually, she went back and found darkness and a plate of stuff they considered edible. That day, however, there was someone else. Her heart stopped when she saw him.

Jake.

"What are you doing here?" She asked fearing the answer. "Did they hurt you?"

"No. I'm fine. For now." He said taking a deep breath. "I'm glad you're okay."

He pulled her into a hug. His heart was beating so fast, Diana could feel it.

"How'd they find you?" She mumbled into his shoulder.

"They found me before you." He replied, pulling away from the hug and looking away, "Asked me about you."

The way he said asked, she assumed it wasn't a normal talk.

"What did they want?" She asked.

"I don't know much. But I do know that the boss or whoever he is, wanted you. And now he's got you." He said worry clear in his eyes. " Do you think this has to do with your..."

He didn't have to finish the sentence cause we both had only one thing in our mind.

"I don't know. Maybe."

Whether it had to do with her real parents or not, Diana was adopted by Jake's parents after hers were apparently killed in a car crash. But a little digging done by Jake a few years back proved that theory wrong.

If rumours were true, her real parents were the most feared couple in town.

And they seem to have finally found her.

✘✘✘

||A/N||- Hey guys. Did you like this chapter? I hope you did. Oh and don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks for reading.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FICTION AWARDS 2019 IS UP!!!
I would love it if you guys could nominate this book in the "Best of the Undiscovered" category. Love.
https://my.w.tt/9a697i5CJW

▬▬▬▬▬▬

The above video is the trailer for this book made by Haadiiiyah !!!

A cover I made.