-chapter five-

kenzie's pov

"Guess what?" I roll over onto my stomach and look up at Lauren, who's lying on her bed.

"What?"

"We only have one more week of filming Where's Home. At least for this season." I watch as Lauren's eyes widen.

"Really? Ohmygosh, life is going to be so boring. Are you going to do any auditions?"

"Hmm..." Pausing to think, I reply, "I have an audition for a movie in two weeks...oh , and actually, I have on Monday too."

Lauren nods. "I should ask my agent what things I'm going to audition for this summer too."

"I know what we should do," she says suddenly. "Let's annoy Johnny."

"Why?"

"CUZ WHY NOT!" Lauren jumps up from her bed and pulls me up.

"Uhh, ok...what are we going to do?"

Grinning devilishly, Lauren replies, "Let's hide in his room and then jump out and scare him."

"That's so lame." I roll my eyes. "How about we silly string him?"

"What about both??"

We smirk at each other, and Lauren takes out her silly string cans from a drawer in her dresser. I sneak to the door and peek out. Johnny just happens to be walking past.

"Hey, Mackensis." He grins, and I smile sheepishly back. Then he keeps going downstairs.

"Bingo," I whisper back to Lauren. "He's going downstairs to get some water I think."

We creep out of the room and into his. I hide inside his closet, and Lauren ducks behind his bed.

After a couple of minutes, we hear him coming back. He's humming quietly.

"Anything you ever need, I'll do the mo-o-ost for you. You just leave it up to me, I'll do the mo-o-ost for you." Peeping through the crack of his closet door, I watch him sit down on his desk chair and prop his feet up. Johnny picks up a book and starts scrolling through it, humming softly.

I hear a shriek, which is my signal to jump out. Lauren emerges from behind his bed at the same time I jump out of the closet. Aiming our silly string cans at him, we shoot and scream at the top of our lungs.

"GOT YA!!"

He's vivid. "AUGH, STOP! LAUREN, KENZIE, OH MY GOSH!" His arms flail wildly, trying to shield himself from our attack.

Our attempt is short lived, though, because shortly after, our cans start spluttering and eventually stop shooting.

"Geez, you would think that because you're Hollywood actresses you'd act older. But no." Johnny tries to disentangle himself from the sillystring and shoots us mean looks. "Beware, you two. You just started a prank war. And I'm a veteran, so trust me, I know a lot about wars."

I roll my eyes. "Ohh, noo, I'm so scared," I mock devilishly.

"Oh, just you wait. Now help me clean all this up."

Lauren grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room. "Oh, sorry, I think mom's calling us. See you later!"

Once we get back inside of our room, Lauren and I collapse in a giggling fit.

"That was AMAZING!" Lauren says in between laughs.

"Ok, next we'll do water guns." I grin.

"Ooh, he'll be so pissed."

johnny's pov

Once I finally finish fixing the giant mess, no thanks to them, I start thinking of ways to get them back.

I head downstairs and consult my mom.

"What's in your hair, Johnny?" My mom asks, staring.

"Uhh," I run my hand over my head and try to pick out the little pieces of sillystring. "The girls sillystring-ed me." Mom laughs heartily at this.

"Come on, you should be able to handle it. You've been in carpet bomb areas, so you can handle your younger sister for sure."

Yeah, and it's hard to be annoyed at them when they're so cute too...like Lauren of course...I mean...Kenzie's cute too...ugh, whatever.

"Anyways," I interrupt my thoughts, "What's for dinner?"

"Hmm," Mom opens the fridge and pokes around inside. "Maybe hot dogs?"

"BINGO." I grab the ketchup from the fridge. "Mom, do you mind if I play a prank on the girls?"

Laughing, Mom replies, "Sure."

I know Lauren HATES spicy things, so I'm going to replace the ketchup with some tabasco sauce, siracha, and some ghost pepper paste. I can't wait to see how mad they'll be.

°°°°°°

"Dinner's ready, girls!" Mom calls up the stairs, and they immediately come crashing down.

I roll my eyes playfully. "Great, now all our peace and quiet is gone."

"Oh, shut up." Lauren and Kenzie take seats across from me, and Dad comes in to eat as well. We say a quick grace, and then we all grab some hot dogs. I'm careful not to get ketchup. I warned my dad beforehand about my prank too.

"Want some ketchup?" Kenzie asks me, while she's serving herself.

"No, I'm fine," I say, hiding a smile.

"How about you, Mr. and Mrs. Orlando? Can I pass you guys any ketchup?"

Mom and Dad politely refuse deadpanning, but I'm impressed with how polite Kenzie is.

While squeezing herself some ketchup, Lauren says to us, "What's up with you all? You normally love ketchup..."

Winking, I reply, "Something changed while I was in Pakistan. I heard ketchup is made of insect blood."

"Eeeeewww, don't say that, John. That's gross," Lauren protests.

"I'm kidding," I roll my eyes. "You're so over dramatic."

"I love hot dogs," Mackenzie says, taking a bite of hers. "Thanks for dinner, by the wa-" her sentence is cut off as she claps her hand over her mouth. "Oh my gosh-" Grabbing her glass of "water", which I actually replaced with seltzer water, to make more painful, she starts chugging it, only to splutter.

Gleefully, I notice Lauren start to choke too. Unknowingly, she grabs her cup and tries to drown the fire in her throat with seltzer water.

"AUGHH, WHATS IN HERE!?!" she screams.

Kenzie, the more polite one, tries to cover up her coughing. "Sorry," she apologizes, "Something is burning up my throat."

That's when I let loose a giant belly laugh. Mom and Dad join me, much to Lauren and Kenzie's chagrin.

"What??"

"You asked for a prank war, and you got one. That's a bunch of hot sauces and seltzer water." I hold my stomach, trying to keep in my laughter.

Lauren jumps up from the table to drink from the kitchen faucet, Mackenzie behind her.

"I OFFICIALLY HATE YOU, JOHNNY!!" Lauren screams.

-
-
-
-
-