30. observer

I had been in and out of consciousness on our way back to camp. Finn had carried me through the forest of course. He just had to prove a point, or he was just being a good brother but I was going with the proving a point route.

By the time we entered camp I could barely keep my eyes open, my whole body feeling weak. When we entered the drop ship, Octavia rushed towards us.

"She collapsed at the drop ship site, she's been in and out of consciousness." Finn explained as he readjusted his grip on me.

Octavia nodded, "Okay, lay her down here." she said, leading us to a vacant hammock.

Finn leaned down and gently set me down in the makeshift hammock, however before he could leave I grabbed onto his hand. I let out a shaky breath as I focused on trying to get the room to stop spinning, "I'm sorry." I whispered.

My brother's face softened as he squeezed my hand, "It's okay Avs, just get some rest okay?"

I finally let my tired eyes droop as I gave him a weak nod. Before I let my eyes close completely, I watched as Finn made his way over to where Clarke was resting. He took a hold of her hand as he said something to her. I struggled to keep my eyes open in order to watch the exchange between the two, but fatigue soon overtook me.

---

My eyes flew open when someone lightly nudged my side. I sat up in a panic, momentarily unaware of where I was or what was going on.

"Hey, It's okay." A voice said from beside me. I turned to see Murphy, a small smile on his face as he attempted to hand me a cup of water. "You need to drink something."

I stared at him, confused as to why he would want to help me. I sat up in the hammock, my eyes not leaving his.

Murphy noted my hesitation as sighed as he held the water closer to me, "Avery, it's okay just drink some."

I finally broke my stares at him as I took the cup from his hand, bringing it to my lips and taking a small sip, unable to get more than a little down without feeling like I was going to throw up. "Why are you being nice to me?" I questioned, even before leaving him with the Grounders Murphy had always hated me.

He shrugged as he took back the cup from my outstretched arm, "I don't hate you Avery, I-"

"Hey!" a rough voice yelled from the entrance of the drop ship. Both Murphy and I turned to see Bellamy being helped in by two other boys. His face had dried blood on it and his face was practically white-he was sick. "What did I tell you." He snapped at Murphy, trying to be as forceful as he could manage but he was too weak. "Get away from her."

"Bellamy," I gasped, slowing standing from my hammock, giving myself a moment to stabilize before making my way towards him, "Here," I muttered, taking his arm from one of the boys, "I've got him."

Bellamy leaned into me as I helped him through the drop ship, "Was he-" he cut himself off, closing his eyes and letting out a mangled sigh, "Was he bothering you?" he asked in reference to Murphy.

I shook my head, "No, he was-"

"Bell!" Octavia called, rushing towards the two of us. She took a hold of his other side as she looked for somewhere to put him, "Clear some space!" she ordered. She then turned to me, her eyes wide in shock, "Avery, get back to bed!"

I ignored her command, "He can have my hammock, I'm feeling better." It was a lie but there was no reason for me to be taking up one of the only hammocks.

Bellamy shook his head letting out a retched cough, "No, you take it, go lay down Avery."

I opened my mouth to argue with him but Octavia cut him off, "You're not going to win this one Avs. Go lay down, you still look awful."

I stared at the two siblings, Bellamy's eyes were close meanwhile Octavia was sending me pleading looks. I finally obliged, agreeing to go lay back down very well knowing that Octavia was right- I wasn't going to win this battle.

As I laid myself back down in my hammock my eyes were trained on Bellamy, helplessly watching as he threw up a plethora of blood. Standing up to help Bellamy when he had first come in had made me feel excessively worse. My head was throbbing, my whole body felt weak and the room had begun to spin once again.

"You should have stayed laying down." Octavia pointed out as she placed a cool cloth of my forehead.

My tired eyes flicked up to hers as I gave her a forced smile, "How's Bellamy?"

Octavia gave me a smile that I could not quite understand, "He'll be okay, just like you will be if you get some rest."

I nodded as I shifted in the hammock, "Has Finn left for the bridge yet?"

"Yeah, him and Jasper left a bit ago, they'll be back soon."

I felt a pang of worry flood my body at the mention of my brother being out in the forest, attempting to blow up a centuries old bridge.

Octavia ran a calming hand through my hair, "Don't worry about him, sleep some more and when you wake up you'll feel better."

I nodded, letting my eyes closing for what felt like the dozenth time today.

---

When I woke up, Bellamy was sitting beside my hammock looking much better than he had been earlier.

I smile at his as his eyes met mine, "Hey."

He grinned, "Hey sleeping beauty."

I rolled my eyes as I sat up, "What are you doing? Shouldn't you be resting?"

"Some of us bounce back quicker than others," he teased, "And besides, someone needed to make sure you were still breathing."

I playfully rolled my eyes at him as I swung my legs out of the hammock so I was facing him, "Is Finn back yet?"

His smile faded as he dropped his head, "Not yet, we're going to start gathering people in here."

I felt my heart drop, "You don't think he'll be able to do it?"

Bellamy shook his head, "It's just a precaution, better to be prepared right?"

Giving him a forced smile I nodded, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

He smiled, standing up, "Well Clarke and I are going to start gathering people up. If you're feeling better feel free to come help."

I smiled as I joined him, "Yeah, getting some fresh air will feel nice."

The two of us walked towards the exit of the drop ship, meeting Clarke just outside as she began herding the group into the ship. We only had a handful of people inside when a loud bang shook the earth beneath us.

We all looked up in awe to see a large cloud of smoke rising from the forest. A smile spread across my face as I realized what that cloud of smoke was.

Finn and the others did it, they blew up the bridge.

The 100:1, Grounders: 0

-an-

hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter :) we are definitely starting to see Bellamy becoming more protective over Avery and really starting to show that he actually cares about her.

I know this chapter was kind of boring but there always has to be a little bore for stuff to get exciting right?

if you enjoyed please, please, please vote and COMMENT! I love getting comments :)

love you guys

-maddy xoxo