Part 27

Note: I can't believe this is the last chapter TT (There will be an epilogue, but still!!) I actually cried while writing this chapter, a sad but also a happy, joyful cry. I really hope that you enjoy this last chapter, I love you guys, and your support means more to me then you will ever know, really. <3

__________

"Missing in Action."

As soon as the words left Taehyung, Yoongi dropped, his heart, and his whole body as his knees gave out. He was staring at the ground, rambling, "Let's go, missing in action means there's still a chance he's alive, I'll go back, I'll go look for him what if he's hurt what if-"

"Hyung..." Jimin cut him off, tears spilling from his eyes as his voice was heavy with guilt, "Hyung it's my fault..."

Jungkook looked towards Jimin, "Don't say that hyung" he took a breath, but when he looked towards Yoongi, there were no words that left his mouth, only the tears that began to fall.

Sanha and Jiwoo who were standing behind the three, came forward finally, Jiwoo placing a comforting hand on Jungkook and Jimin's shoulders, looking down as his bangs covered his eyes. Sanha, looking towards Taehyung before crouching down in front of Yoongi, "Yoongi. The reason he's declared missing in action, is..." but he couldn't finish, clenching his jaw to steady his voice as he pointed towards Yoongi's chest, where Hoseok's tags hung, "Because the body didn't have those."

Yoongi was on the ground, his sobs shaking his whole chest, loud cries that he couldn't care to silence, nothing mattered, absolutely nothing because Hoseok wasn't there. He wasn't with them, Yoongi's arms left completely empty. It didn't take long for Jimin to join them on the floor, sobbing a million "Sorry"'s into his hand, looking towards Yoongi with tears of guilt. Seokjin's arm wrapped around Yoongi in a comforting manner, and Namjoon with a hand on Yoongi and Jimins backs.

But it didn't matter, none of it did. Nothing. It was over, all of it.

"It's not him." Yoongi choked, looking towards Sanha, pleading, "It's not him. You don't know him like I do, it's not him. Let me see him."

Jimin shook his head, "Hyung no...stop...please..." when Yoongi looked towards him he found the boy covered in tears, his hands in fists and his eyes holding guilt, so, so much guilt, "I was there. He's...he's not coming...he's not..."

"There has to be some kind of misunderstanding. Please, this can't be right, are you sure it was him?" Jin asked, his voice just as heavy, concerned as he looked towards Taehyung.

There was nothing in Taehyung's eyes save for the sadness, and the guilt, that overflowed and painted his cheeks, "I'm sorry..."

_

Yoongi felt as if his world was blurring together, one moment just flowing into the next, there wasn't anything left in him. Just his heartbeat, the same one that beat for someone who was gone.

There were no tears left, at two in the morning as he sat on his couch, the same one he'd guessed Namjoon had dragged him too. He couldn't remember, after Sanha had spoken of a body, the nerves in Yoongi stilled, and his breathing iced over. He sat there, staring out the window, as his heart cried out to the wind. There had to be some way, he had to go back, they didn't know Hoseok like he did if he saw the body he could tell them it wasn't his sunshine, he could help them look, Hoseok was out there, he knew it, he-

Two knocks brought Yoongi out of his thoughts, but he didn't have the strength, the energy, or even the will to get up and answer it. A moment passed and Yoongi heard the door open, the next thing he knew Namjoon and Taehyung were walking into his small living room. The same one he'd shared with Hoseok, so many nights ago.