Chapter 10

An update... FINALLY! I'm so sorry for the late one guys, I've been so busy lately and I haven't really had the time to write. But I'll keep on track from now on, hopefully. Also this one is a little short :( sorry about that! I'll make sure the next one is longer.

Happy reading (:

~ ~

Eva

"Goodnight Eva."

The way his voice dragged and softness engulfed his words made a certain string of my heart strum to the beat that I thought I had lost years ago.

His eyes were cloudy and unreadable but I could still feel the love from them... the love I hadn't noticed before, or perhaps it just hadn't formed before, but I was obsessed with the way he made me feel.

It was dangerous as I knew that his kindness wouldn't last much longer... but I was still obsessed; my whole being was obsessed with him and I had no way to control it.

I wanted to unfold every layer of his soul and find the deepest, darkest corners of his mind... sleeping there and making beauty out of pain. I wanted him in so many more ways than one.

"Goodnight.." My voice came out in more of a croaky whisper but enough for him to hear my words. Enough for him to know that I responded to his welcoming voice.

He stood up from the kneeled position we were both in, and my eyes seemed to follow his movements until he was walking out of the door and out of sight. Leaving me in the empty kitchen with nothing but a pounding heart.

My tiredness was no-longer existent. I felt more alive than ever, the effects of the night finally setting with me and making me feel as though I was on cloud nine.

As I walked out of the door, I noticed that his figure was long-gone. And it caused a surge of disappointment to rush through my stomach, but I continued towards my bedroom and closed my door behind me. The darkness of the room engulfed my surroundings and I leaned against my door, soaking in the conversation with Alessandro.

The words he spoke... the way he spilled his heart out to me.... the way he made me feel like I could spill my heart out to him.

Everything was perfect. All I wanted to do was freeze time and never go back to the hard-faced Alessandro that I had known. I wanted to bathe in his compassion... savour the moment before it faded.

As I walked over to my bed, my heart continued to thump in my chest — but in the happiest way possible. The gold of my dress shone slightly as I lay down on the soft mattress, the covers offering comfort along with my thoughts.

And I fell asleep — my heart beating with love and my soul feeling as though it had been set on fire.

Alessandro
The next day

The sunrise of the morning reflected through my window and caused my eyelashes to flutter open, my sight being adjusted before I managed to fully open my eyes.

I felt alive this morning... more happier inside, which was a strange feeling as I usually woke up cranky and full of mood swings waiting to happen. And that's when I remembered the previous night — the way Eva and I spoke in the kitchen, opened up about our lives, let each other search the deepest parts of our mind.

They say that you're more vulnerable to your real emotions at night — f*cking clearly.

I rubbed the remains of sleep from my eyes and climbed out of my warm bed, the coldness of the room washing over me and causing shivers to rush through my chest.