[M]Cassius Is Fucking With My Emotions Again

Tap. Tap. Tap. Ta-

"Cassius." I mumbled, the tapping stopped.

"You're awake," the prince observed, I nodded and waited for all my senses to wake up.

We were in his office now, it was recognizable with the sleek floors and bookshelves and the fact that it smelled like him. I could feel him beneath me, his left arm wrapped around my waist and the warmth that emanated from him.

"Where are we?" I knew perfectly well where we were, but I didn't want to sit in awkward silence.

"My office, I had work to do," he replied, I could hear the scribbling of a pen.

"Why do I have to sit on your lap every time I come in here?" I whined and pressed my face into his neck.

"Because it's a rule," he laughed, I squirmed and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I approve," I replied with a smile on my lips, we sat in silence for a moment. The scribbling of his pen and the cracking fire were all I could hear. "You make me not like you... sometimes."

"What did I do?" Cassius murmured, still writing.

"I don't know, you make me feel conflicted, and sad, and angry," I mumbled and played with a strand of his blonde hair. "And you kidnapped me."

"I didn't kidnap you," Cassius snorted, "you don't belong in the human world, you're m-" he cut off, the pen stopped, "you're meant to be here." (U kno what he was rlly going to say.)

I furrowed my brows and stretched, arching my back.

"I'm not meant to be anywhere I don't want to be." I pouted, Cassius looked at me with an intense gaze.

"That was unbelievably sexy," he remarked, my cheeks flushed and I covered my face in my hands. "Sorry, off topic. But if this morning was any indication you can't leave."

That reminded me, "what did happen?"

"You're preparing for an intimate ceremony."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It's not all that important at this current moment."

"I was dying."

"Later. Alabaster," his tone was stern and I knew better to question it. I frowned and tried to push him away, but he just pushed me against the sharp edge of the desk. It dug into my lower back.

"Fine then, let me go," I muttered and tried to pry his arms off me.

"Remember, you have to sit on my lap, it's a rule," the prince laughed but now I was in a mood.

"I fucking mean it, if you're going to keep things from me then I don't want to sit here," I snapped and squirmed against him. "You can look but you cant touch."

"Did you just sass me?" Cassius chuckled in my ear, he made me so fucking mad.

"Cassius!" I yelped as his hand slid up my shirt. "No. Touching." I pulled his palm away.

"Whatever happened to Prince Cassius, isn't that what you used to call me?"

"You fucking broke my heart that's what."

A heavy silence.

"I don't know what I did." He finally murmured, my face contorted in rage. How the fuck?

"I hate you." I hissed and squirmed but Cassius refused to let me go.

"Stop it. You'll hurt yourself."