Chapter 6

Axels POV

I awoke to the sound of glass shattering and the smell of fire. I shot out of the bed which awoke Helena and I pointed at the bed, "Stay there."

I turned around and ran all the way downstairs where a flame was ignited and glass covered the living room floor.

If i didn't mention this before i'll mention it now. My mate and I have our own home right next to the pack house. My parents also have their own home that is right next to ours. The pack houses are for everyone except the alpha family. Jack and Kole live in one of the three pack houses, so do the other 300 members. It might sound crammed but all of the homes are huge.

Anyway... back to the burning home and glass.

I quickly put the fire out with the emergency extinguisher, then looked around for any danger. I growled loudly at the faded smell of rogues.

My mates tiny footsteps were heard and she came into view, "Oh my, are you alright?" She asked running over to me and checking me for injuries, which I thought was totally adorable.

"I'm fine." I smiled to reassure her, then growled again at the mess.

"I'll clean this up, you have someone fix the window." She waved me off but I stood there.

"What if you hurt yourself? Glass is sharp!" I said, concerned that she will cut herself.

"Axel please, just get someone to fix the glass real quick so we can go back to bed." She mumbled as she began sweeping up the glass shards.

I gave in and hurried over to the pack house where some people were still up, I went to my friend William who is the fixer upper in the pack.

He gets things done in 30 minutes max.

I explained to him what happened and he came down and fixed it then he left.

Helena had finished cleaning up the glass and it was spotless, like nothing had even happened.

She looked at me worriedly when William left, "Whoever did this left a note, I didn't read it because you're the alpha so it's probably none of my business." She mumbled and my eyebrows furrowed at her words.

Doesn't she know that the Luna is equal to her Alpha?

"You're the Luna which means you are my equal. You are can do everything I do, if not more than I can do."

She nodded and handed me the note.

It read,

Dear Axel,

We are coming for your mate. She has something special we want.

Sincerely, The Alpha Rogue.

My loud growl ripped the air and I'm sure it woke the whole pack up. I was shaking in anger at the thought of someone wanting my mate.

'No one will get what ours.' My wolf growled and I agreed.

I will kill every rogue that comes into my sight. No mercy.

How dare they?

I would've shifted out of anger if it wasn't for Helena bringing herself into my view and putting her soft hands on my face.

"Axel, baby. Calm down please." She attached her lips to my cheek and all my anger disappeared.

SHE KISSED MY CHEEK AGAIN!

Oh lord i'm the luckiest man ever.

I kissed her head, "Thank you my angel." I ran my fingers through her soft hair and she hummed.

"Does that feel good?" I asked and she nodded.

"Before she hated me, my mom used to rub my hair to get me to fall asleep." I frowned and held in a growl that wanted to escape for her stupid mother.

"Cmon lets get to bed, we'll talk about this tomorrow." I said and lifted her up bridal style. She squealed and I smiled.

I laid her down on the bed and laid right next to her, pulling her into me.

I rubbed her head and played with her hair until she fell asleep, when I knew she was asleep I let my eyes shut and dreamt of my beautiful mate.

— Next day —

Helena and I were sitting in my office with Kole, Jack and my parents talking about what happened last night.

The phone rung.

"This is Alpha Axel." I answered.

"Hi this is Alpha Levi." I held in a growl that was itching to get out. I noticed Helena tense from next to me. I know they can hear who's on the phone because of our enhanced hearing.

"I was calling to ask if a girl from my pack had run into your land by chance? She is easy to spot. White hair, purple eyes, tan skin." He trailed on and I was squeezing the phone so tight I don't know how it's not broken.

Helena placed her hand on my bicep under my shirt which helped me calm my fury. Even though it was still there.

"I'll check my cellars to see if one of my guards have found her." He said a few more things and I slammed the phone down.

Okay, now it's broken.

I pulled my mate onto my lap and just held her to calm my wolf and I.

She lightly scratched her nails across my arm which left a trail of sparks.

I love those sparks.

"I think you need to tell them she's here." All heads snapped to my father.

"They're going to find out eventually anyway. We're the strongest pack in America, we can't just tell everyone that there's no Luna, they'd get suspicious."

I nodded, he's right. As much as I want to keep her away from them I can't.

Now don't take that the wrong way because there is no way in hell i will let that bastard get anywhere near my mate.

'Damn right.' My wolf growled.

"Axel remove your arms from me before I pee myself!" Lena swatted at my arms and I released my grip. I smiled sheepishly at my mate who ran out of the office to the bathroom.

"Hmm that reminds me of that time you-" My mom slapped my dad on the back of the head before he could finish his sentence.

He stopped talking and my mom nodded my head in approval.

"That's right, keep your mouth shut." She muttered.

Vote + comment.

I'm sorry this chapter was boring.