27. We do go way back. Way back to that hotel room

Sorry for the wait, I just had my final exams last week, so I was busy before that studying and getting any last minute stuff done.

Also, I will be on vacation this next week with my family, so there will be no updates during that week. Just letting you all know now. I might get another update in before I leave for the vacation, but I can't promise that.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy!

Thirteen's POV

I hate clubs.

But of course, it just happens to be the one place Jackson Storm feels the most comfortable meeting.

In my opinion, he only chooses clubs because of how little most of the girls in here are wearing. Plus, drunk people make really easy marks.

I drum my fingers along the counter of the bar I'm currently sitting at and mentally curse Lily for choosing and outfit for me, and then locking me out of my room so I could not change out of said outfit.

Granted, I'll give her credit for choosing the heeled boots that keep my scars hidden, but the black dress she's chosen for me is so tight that there is absolutely no room for me to hide any weapons of any kind, let alone actually fight in if need be.

The only thing that could make this dress any worse, would be if it was shorter in length. Luckily it comes down to about mid-thigh, unlike Lily's dress which is extremely short, extremely tight, and extremely eye-catching.

I'm thankful she didn't pick out one like hers for me to wear. Bright royal blue, hugs all her curves, completely open back, and very deep v-neckline.

And then, her sliver studded-and of course-spiked heels. She's also dyed her hair from the Christmas colors it was, to a much more subtle red than what I'm used to seeing as her hair color.

She said it was because she didn't want to draw too much attention to us while we're here. And then she proceeded to walk into the club in that dress that is everything except subtle.

On the bright side, she's shut Devin up again.

I haven't heard Devin utter a word since she walked in the club. We all agreed that we'd show up separately and set ourselves up apart from each other once inside the club. This way we could better monitor all entrances and exits.

Once Lily walked through the door and Devin spotted her, the only audible sound was of him spitting out and choking on his beer. Zack had to walk over and make sure he was ok when it went on for too long.

Chase had even gone quiet when Lily walked in. Though from what I understand, he's seen her in club clothes before. Zack had muttered "Hot damn," under his breath.

I think they're too used to seeing her as this crazy overgrown child, so when she showed up looking like she did, they really didn't know how to react.

But of course, once she opened her mouth to tell them all to quit gawking and shut their damn mouths because they looked like dead fish, they all seemed to snap out of it and were reminded that she was still Lily.

Well, that was somewhat of her description, though there were a few more colorful words and something about putting Angel in their rooms.

So now, I'm stuck in this bar I don't want to be in, wearing a dress I don't want to be wearing, and meeting up with a guy who I consider to be Satan's spawn if not Satan himself.

"He's here," Lily mutters and we all tense as we hear it through the earpieces.

"You sure it's him?" I ask.