Chapter Ten: Arguments & Comfort Food

A/N: OMG guys! Thank you so much!! This book got 1k reads and is #872 in werewolf! I can't thank you enough!! So as a gift for showing support for this book I've updated!! Enjoy the chapter and thanks again!!
(Ember's pov)
I was speechless. How did Damon get through our guards? Is he really here for me? Crap!

I was pulled to my feet by Cole and suddenly was surrounded by my family. "What do you want?" I coldly glare at Damon as he crossed his arms his wolf paces around snapping at everything.

"I came here to apologise about my actions towards you and Lyla so far and to bring you back to my pack but then I find warriors patrolling the woods and saying I can't enter you're territory! I am you're mate!" I flinched at the word.

Granted, I was now a werewolf but I was still adjusting. Rolling my eyes I took a step forward, I had a feeling I was going to regret what I was about to say but my wolf nudged me.

She was in a playful mood today. "You say you're here to take me to you're pack yet you come in here like a mutt. Care to explain?" I cocked my eyebrow as a smirk appeared on my face my wolf was smiling in my mind.

Damon roared and made a move towards me but was hastily stopped as a petite girl with brown hair stood in his way. "Get the hell away from my cousin!" Claire yelled up at him. My wolf and I watched in amusement as the little she-wolf talked down to our mate.

"I'm here to take her back with me." Claire glared.

"You and what army?" She spat and matched his glare, an air of cockiness suddenly surrounded him and Claire scowled. "Well?" She demanded.

"This army" was Damon's only reply and suddenly thousands of warriors appeared by Damon's side. Claire growled as did Max and the rest of my family. For her age she sure was feisty.

I watched as two wolves approached one had the same features as him and was female and the other had the same hair but blue eyes. "Please, Luna return with us. Our brother needs you" the girl spoke up.

Brother? Damon has siblings? I was brought out of my thoughts as I saw the girl in my line of sight. "I'm Nikki, my brothers are Damon-as I'm sure you already know-and Bailey. It's nice to finally meet my sister in law"

well this is awkward... I shook their hands and introduced myself as they went back to Damon's side. I looked between my family and our pack to Damon, his siblings and pack. Either outflank him or fight. The first one sounds easy enough.

'Lyla, get the rest of the pack here. If we outflank Damon he has to leave he's already broke the rules by invading our territory and not asking the alpha's permission. That won't sit well, after all theirs more than one alpha here' out of the corner of my eye I saw her nod and rush off.

"Damon, I suggest you leave as you're outflanked. If and when I wish to venture to you're pack I will but for now you'll have to leave. I'm sorry" I whispered the last part but by the light in his eyes I know he heard.

"I'm sorry for hurting you Ember, I hope you can forgive me" he stated before leaving. 'See you soon' Nikki's voice guitars into my head. It would seem we can always link as a bonds been formed. Cool!

"Alright people party's over!" I hollered as my wolf snapped out. After our argument all I wanted to do was watch Netflix with Lyla in our cabin and banter with Tyler and Dom.

I walked over to my aunt and uncle as Claire leaked into my arms. "I'm sorry you had to see that, omegas are preparing you're room in the pack house so you can stay for awhile before returning to you're pack." Claire hugged me tightly as tears leaked from her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Ember! I ruined everything with you're mate!" She wailed. I hugged her closely and kissed her hair as she cried.

"Claire, you didn't, it was bound to happen eventually. Why don't you and Tyler go get some ice cream ok?" I watched as her face lit up and she ran off. "Don't eat Dom's cookie dough!" I yelled after them.

For a twelve year old she sure was intelligent, but then I'd learned that werewolf pups are smarter than the average human. "Mum, can I go for a run?" I asked. She nodded.

"Use the trail close to our territory and don't go to far." I nodded and Linder into my shift my clothes reading as I did so. I receded into a corner of my mind and let my wolf have control. We needed this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We ran hard along the trail as we pounded our frustrations into the dirt. When we got home I was most definitely eating pizza, chips and ice cream along with any other comfort food I could find.

Today had went from zero to one hindered and I was not happy. What has been a harmless family day has turned into a real shit show.

Turning back as we neared the line we ran back towards the pack house. I let my wolf drink from a nearby stream as we continued to run faster. Note to self: Shower before eating and watching Netflix.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sat with Cole, Lyla. Tyler, Serena and Dom as we unwound stuffing our faces with unhealthy comfort foods. Claire and Max had turned in early,

We were sat on the couches watching the scream series and we're currently up to the scene on scram one were Sadie has just sound out her boyfriend is the psychopath who murdered her mum.  "Kill him!" Serena screamed as he held the knife to her throat.

We finished the movie and everybody left to go to bed. There was one thing on my mind in that moment. Our mate.

Damon...