Chapter 21

As soon as Lily opened her eyes, a familiar ceiling greeted her and she looked up in confusion. 

'I'm back at the house? Inclementia?' -Lily

'Yes, you were overwhelmed to the point where I couldn't even take control and ended up fainting.' -Inclementia

'What happened?'- Lily

Lily seemed to vaguely recall talking to Damon but that honestly didn't explain why she was back at her home. She was clearly with the boys just a second ago and now she's in a bed? 

'I know about as much as you do. We're the same person. Just because you've split us up doesn't mean that we don't hear, see, touch, and taste the same thing. When you faint, I faint.'- Inclementia

At this moment, the door was opened and Damon stepped into the room. He gave Lily a slight smile or reassurance but when he noticed the confusion on her face he heaved out a huge sigh. It looked like he would need to break the news to her, yet again.

"Damon? Why am I here? How did I get here," she asked confusedly. 

"Lils, I got in touch with you earlier because Taki alerted me to Helena's disappearance."

Immediately, Lily sprung from the bed in a panic.

"What do you mean? She's not here," she asked panically as she rushed from the room and ran to Helena's. The entire room was deserted and no one was around to ask. 

"Where's Celia? Rosalie? Shouldn't they have been watching her?!"

Lily began to become angry at the fact that her daughter was gone. She'd barely just left and immediately there was this type of mishap?? 

"Lils, I already told you... I kind of.. killed them in a fit of anger." Damon looked away with a hint of embarrassment. He'd never had to explain to Lily that he'd killed someone before especially someone who she had seemed to be close with. 

Lily rubbed her forehead in thought. She honestly knew that she was acting strange since she would normally be really upset about him killing people but for some reason it didn't phase her. Sure she had known both the women for a long time but that didn't feel all that important. They failed in their job of taking care of her daughter and their deaths seemed the accurate type of response. Maybe she should be scared of her reaction but she brushed it off. 

"Have you searched for Helena?"

"I've sent out my men," he paused and didn't know whether to continue, since he never spoke of the type of work he did with Lily.

"Ugh, Damon, I already know what you do. Just tell me so that I can think of something."

Damon was shocked. His precious and pure baby sister was completely unphased by all that had happened aside from Helena missing and on top of that, she knew what he did?

"You know? What do you know?"

"You kill people," she deadpanned before adding, "Now, tell me what else you wanted to say."

Lily continued looking through Helena's room for any sign that she may have left but didn't find anything. After a moment of thought, she rushed from the room and went towards her own.

"I've sent a lot of my men out to search for her but I didn't want the search to become to noticeable since there are a group of people who arrived to Meridia that have been causing me no amount of trouble. If they knew that I was searching for someone that warranted enough 'care', they'd quite possibly try to find her first and coerce me that way.."

Lily was listening but was also moving stuff to reach the space she was looking for. Damon watched his sister push a panel in and open a secret space but he saw nothing inside. Lily gripped the wall as her breathing sped up. 

Damon stepped forward and rubbed his sister's back in worry.

"What's wrong?"

Lily looked up into his orange eyes with panicked red ones and said, "It's gone. Her journal is gone. She must've taken it. That means she left on her own. What's going on?" 

Damon paused in his rubbing and seemed to be in thought. In actuality, he wanted to tell Lily to just forget about the little bastard but Lily loved Helena too much. There wasn't much he could say in this type of situation. 

"She'll be alright since she took her journals. She has the ability to learn magic and when she gets hungry or needs a place to rest, surely she will come back home."

Lily began to calm down a bit. "You're right. Plus, I shouldn't even be here right now. I promised to go to the Deathlands with the boys and instead journeyed back here within a flash. Damon, take me back. I'll leave things here to you."

Damon was honestly surprised with how well she adapted and the fact that she would actually allow him to take over the responsibility of searching for Helena. Usually Lily was a major 'Mama Bear' when it came to Helena, maybe traveling to the Deathlands was a good choice of hers. Luckily he had agreed to allow her to go. As long as it made Lily grow less attached to the child, the better he saw it. 

"Hold on to me," Damon said before wrapping his arms around his sister when she stepped into them. In a flash, they returned to the river where the boys had been kept waiting. 

They blinked surprised at the sudden appearance of both Damon and Lily. They'd grown worried when they noticed that the sun was beginning to set. They'd not eaten much all day because Lily had all the cooking supplies and food. 

"Damon? Lily? What's going on," Nathaniel asked as they went to sit down on an outstretched rock. 

"Helena is missing and she took her cursed journal with her," Lily announced before she worked on autopilot and began building a fire and taking out pots and pans to make dinner. 

She had heard the sound of their hungry stomachs, even Damon had grumbling coming from his stomach. Damon had the grace to look a touch embarrassed. He had been extremely worried about the way Lily would react to Helena missing and had immediately gone out to search for Helena's whereabouts. He'd forgone food and even a bit of sleep due to the anxiety of letting Lily down. 

After a while, the smell of cooked meat and potato soup, wafted into the hungry men's' nose, causing their saliva to fill their mouths. Lily passed out bowls and plates before serving their food up. It was as though she were serving a bunch of ravenous beasts, as they quickly stuffed their faces. She smiled a bit at the unintentional compliment they'd given the chef and dug into her own serving. 

Although she was worried about her daughter, she subconsciously knew that she was the MC of a game and MC's don't die. That's the reason she was reassured... or so she kept telling herself. She would never admit that her previous borderline obsessive mothering had begun to fade a bit. 

Damon left as soon as he finished eating but not before he gave Lily a kiss on her cheek; leaving the boys vexed. She was worried that they were so out in the open that wild beasts would attack them, so she used her Magic again to build another shelter for the night. 

"I'll take first watch. You should get a bit of sleep," Vincent said as Lily was about to sit watch.

"No need. I slept earlier when I fell unconscious. Damon didn't wake me so I slept nearly half the day away."

Vincent hesitated before asking, "Are you sure?"

Lily smiled before urging him to get some rest. It looked like it would be another semi-long night..