Chapter 26

Visits

Party is nearly over and I'm sitting, drinking some cold beer with Lana, Franco and Leo. I know left Caius but he can survive everything when he is alone. I just want to catch up and be with someone who knows me well.

"How did that asshole gets in here?" Leo asked, crossing his arms. "I thought Dad won't let him step a foot in this hotel."

"Well, I don't know what he is planning but I don't want to see Gale again." I murmured.

"How about Lau? Did she say anything?"

"She apologised."

"That's good. At least, she is trying to catch up to you." Franco stated.

"Not for me, she apologised for loving Gale. But I haven't seen any regret in her eyes that she cheated on me as well." I replied, chuckling coldly. "She is one tough Bitch, for sure."

"Well, don't waste your time worrying about them. You have Caius now on your side. I'm sure he won't let you go." Lana stated with a huge smile.

My eyes blinked, taking what she said. "You think Caius...you think he needs me? That he will protect me from Gale?"

"Oh not that I think, I know he will." Lana replied, sipping his beer straight from the bottle. "He won't face us like that if he doesn't. I'm sure he will."

I chuckled at her confidence. She talks like she knows me and Caius too well.

I sigh thinking everything again. How come Lau knows Caius? And the way this unknown emotions spreads in her eyes when she saw her behind me. Especially when she finds out that I'm with him. I don't want to think bad but I can't stop these uncontrolled thoughts coming into my mind.

"The party is almost done. I hate to leave but I have a seven am appointment tomorrow with a patient."  Caius suddenly comes out behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder. 

"Yeah, you two should go home." Franco told us.

Leo agreed. "Hmmm, I think it's time to leave as well. It's past my bedtime."

I am still not looking at Caius, I turn my eyes to Lana who is sitting near me. She gave me a teasing smile then shrugged while she gulp down her wine.

I sigh deeply then stands up with a fake smile. "Guess we will be going home first then."

"That's because you're the first one to get married." Leo snorted.

I playfully slapped his face then turns to pace towards Caius and I find it difficult to look into his eyes.

"We will go on ahead." Caius told them before placing his arms around my waist as we start walking out of the party hall. I said goodbye to Dad as well then head our way to the car. The silence is actually deafening.

No one dared to talk on our way home.

I don't know but I feel heavy after the incident with Gale and Lau. Our first meeting is too intense to handle because it is something that I didn't expect to happen. But I still thank Caius for standing next to me the whole time.

The way he handled Gale is way too harsh than I expected as well. His reaction is like it was so real that everything is getting inside my mind, causing my brain to believe it and abandoning my heart.