Chapter 13: Let's be strangers..

Jaerim's P.O.V.

A sunlight ray escaped the clean white curtain which hit my sleeping face. Groaning, I moved my hand, blocking the sunlight but I failed. Slowly, I opened my eyes and examined the place where I am lazily. Hmm, looks like I'm still in the hospital. I forgot that I spent the night here because that's what the doctor told Lay, then Lay told me so. Wait? Lay? Where's Lay?

I immediately sat up from my bed, and scanned the area... but Lay's not inside my ward. Aish! He's a liar. He said, he'll stay next to me because I needed him more... but look at him now, he's already gone.. Aigoo, why am I even getting mad? I'm not in a right position to be mad at him. I should be mad at myself... Expecting Lay to stay next to me until I wake up? Geez, wake up Jaerim! Who are you to Lay? You aren't his girlfriend. I thought, scolding myself.

I just sighed as I ruffled my hair. Seconds later, the door creaked open. A smile, swiftly was plastered on my face, thinking it would be Lay... but to my disappointment, *sigh* it's just a nurse.

She approached my direction with a warm smile on her face, and adjust the dextrose which is on the left side, beside me. I followed my gaze on her, wanting to ask her if she see the guy with me yesterday but words don't want to come out of my mouth so I just sighed and sighed.

I just looked at the window on the right side of the room.

“Looking for your boyfriend, Ms. Song?” The nurse interrogated, which made me looked at her.

What? What did she say? B-Boyfriend? Well, do we look good together that she had mistaken us as a couple? Pffft. “Ah.. Yess. Have you seen him?” Hey, hey. I need to grab this opportunity, telling this nurse that Lay is my BOYFRIEND! Hahaha.

“Oh, yes. He left hours ago and said, he was just going to take a shower and he'll be back with food, for you to eat.” She beamed after saying those words.

My goshhhhh! Lay, why are you this effin nice to me?! Ahh! I just smiled to her shyly, as a sign of ‘Thanks’.

“You are one lucky girl to have a boyfriend like him, Ms. Song. He's cute, a caring young gentleman, and a sweet boyfriend.” The nurse said, which made me flattered for some reason.

I just nodded at her and smiled like an idiot. Gosh! I really felt like Lay's girlfriend! *giggle mentally*

Then after a few minutes, the door creaked open again and we both turned to look at the door's direction to see who entered.

And it's Lay. Wearing a blue checkered polo that really suits him, ripped skinny pants and pair of sneakers.

“Heyy.” Lay greeted, bowing down to the nurse and approached me.

“Well, looks like your boyfriend is here. I should go now.” She said, as she did a teasing smile and walked out of the room after bowing a little to Lay.

And when she left, Lay sat next to me on my bed and handed me a strawberry yoghurt and some strawberries. Seriously? Can't he think of any more food to give to me? XD Haha. Just kidding though.

“There. Go, eat. Sorry, if I can't give you much more delicious food. I'm quite in a hurry. My friend, Suho, wants me to spend some time with our friends but I refuse. Since I need to be here with you.” He said, as he was opening the lid of his own strawberry yoghurt as well. What? H-He refuse to be with his friends just to be here? Aish. What does he mean by that?!

I just stay calm and quiet, pretending not to hear a single word he just said and started eating my strawberries.

“Hey. I even talked to your manager and I told her you're in the hospital right now so she excused you for not being able to go to work today.” He continued which made me looked at him, this time.