1

You started climbing to the top of the pile of scrap with Jungkook, laughing at how high up the two of you were getting.
"You shouldn't climb up there!" Taehyung scolded as he watched you climb to the top with a worried expression on his face.
"Nothings going to happen Tae Tae, don't worry." You assured.
"I made it I made it!" Jungkook yelled jumping up and down from the top of the pile, his hands thrown up into the air.
"Hey no fair, Tae distracted me!" You defended, rushing up to he top as fast as you can. Suddenly, your foot slipped, forcing some of the garbage to roll down the hill. When you reached the top, you smiled widely and looked over the view with Jungkook.
"Taehyung you have to come up here! It's beautiful."
"Yea hyung!" Jungkook agreed. "You should- Y/N!!" He screamed.
"What is it Kookie?" You questioned, looking at how wide his eyes were, completely covered in a thick layer of tears. You tilted your head at him and followed his eyes to the ground. Well, what was the ground, and what was where Taehyung was standing. But he wasn't there, just the big pipe that escaped from beneath your foot. You didn't understand at first, not until you saw Taehyung's cold, pale hand lying underneath, a pool of blood slowly seeping into concrete floors.
"D-did I.." You stuttered, choking on your own words.
"Y/N, Kookie, Taehyung! It's time to come inside! It's supposed to rain soon!" Your step dad scolded as he saw he two of you standing on top of the pile. "You three are seniors in middle school, what are you doing messing with..TAEHYUNG??!" He yelled, rolling the pipe off of his body with all his strength.
You didn't want to look, you couldn't look. Not when you knew it was your fault. Before anyone else could say another word, you sprung off of the hill, and ran all the way home, leaving Kookie, your father, and your best friend, Taehyung.

It's all my fault...it's all my fault

Is all you could tell yourself as you ran all the way home without turning back.

"It's been four years since you've been gone Taehyung..." you mumbled, leaving the flowers on his grave teary eyed. "You would've been a senior, just like me and Kookie....the three of us still would've been the best of friends, Taehyungie...I miss you..." you choked, quickly wiping your face. "I miss you so much..." you sobbed, burying your face in your hands, when suddenly, you felt someone rub your back.
"Let's go Y/N..." your step father whispered to you. You sniffled and wiped your cheeks before walking off to the car with your dad.

After all this time, you could've sworn that it would get easier, but it was the complete opposite. You had no one anymore, and you refused to care about anyone else, because everyone you cared about got hurt.
"Y/N honey...you have to talk to him." Your step dad whispered as you both got into his car. You stubbornly shook your head and put your headphones in your ears.
"Jungkook is fine...I see him around sometimes he's fine."
"I know he's fine sweetheart but you need someone you can open up to..plus, you haven't spoken to any of us about anything since the accident.

You were going to object, but it was true. All you could feel in your life was guilt, and tiredness. All you felt was pain these days, nothing more, nothing less.

"I'm fine okay? Can we just go home?" You questioned, fastening your seatbelt. Your step father sighed and drove off, driving the both of you home. Once you arrived, you threw your things into your room and plopped onto your bed, burying your face in your pillow.

It's like every year on this day I can smell Taehyung. I can almost see him, almost hear him calling out my name, like some sick twisted dream.
If this is a dream, I want to wake up.

You swallowed your saliva to satisfy your dry throat and laid onto your back, staring at the ceiling in the darkness of your room until the sun set. When seven came, you took a shower and threw on a purple sweater, some black jeans, some black boots, and a cap with rings on the tip before walking out the door. It's not like you were sneaking out though, this was something you did every year on Taehyung's anniversary. You sat in the park, on the highest tree, where you , Tae and Kookie used to play, staring at the sun setting in the distance. The view was almost heavenly. If you wanted to reach Taehyung, this was the closest you could get to heaven without dying yourself. You clasped the picture you have of him in the palms of your hands, and shut your eyes tightly, trying to visualize his sweet box smile, and how his eyes would get smaller the happier he was.
"Taehyungie..." you called out to him. "We purple you Taehyung.." you mumbled, holding the picture closely to your heart. "Me and Kookie miss you a lot, and we hope you're watching from heaven Tae Tae...I'm sorry for what I did to you...I love you and care about you so much... I hope you're living it up in heaven you angel...and I'll see you again someday..."
With that, you released your hands, letting the wind take the paper you wrote on away in the wind, hoping that someday, or somehow, it would reach him. You sighed and sat in the tree for a while until the sun set completely.
"Hey Y/N..."
You looked below you, and saw Jungkook standing at the bottom of the tree, wearing his purple sweater, black jeans, boots, and his black cap with rings.
"How long have you been here..?" You questioned as he climbed up the tree, sitting next to you.
"Long enough to hear what you had to say to Taehyung. You know it's not your fault Y/N..."
"Then who's is it?" You questioned, slightly frustrated. Not at him, but at yourself. How could you let something like that happen anyways?
"I shouldn't have climbed the pile that day. Taehyung would still be here...we'd graduate high school together...it would all be fine..." you whispered lowly, sort of rambling on.
"Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that you're still here Y/N. We have to live for Taehyung, the both of us. Which is why I've decided to hang around you a little more."
"I'm fine, Jungkook. All I'm going to do is get you hurt, the same way I hurt everyone."
"No you're not Y/N. You've been completely depressed for the four years Taehyung's been gone. I've never even seen you smile once, not once, I'll be fine."
You snapped your head to him, your eyebrows scrunched up in an aggravated face.
"Have you forgotten him?"
"Absolutely not. I just had to learn to live without him being here with me physically. I think it's time you did the same, Y/N."
You sighed and rested your head on Jungkook's shoulder. "I don't want to hurt you..." you frailly whispered, tears forming in your eyes.
"You won't hurt me Y/N.." he replied subtly, wrapping his arm around your shoulder to comfort you. "It'll be okay..."
You quickly wiped your eyes in an attempt to keep your tears from finding their way down your cheeks, but eventually you stopped, and let them flow for a little while.

I felt my eyes get heavier, and the warm air seemed to feel a little cold. Thats the last I remember...

You woke up in your bedroom, wearing Jungkook's sweater on top of your own.

What time is it...?

You pulled out your phone and noticed that it was only 11:13. You sighed in relief and got out of your bed to take a shower, and throw on some pajamas so you could sleep. You laid down in bed, and tried to fall back to sleep. But it felt like someone was watching you. Hesitant, you opened your eyes and sat up when you heard a footstep. Your eyes widened, your heart beginning to pound out of your chest.

"Hey Y/N." He greeted, his smile shining brightly at you.

"T-Taehyung..?"

A/N:
Hello and welcome to my Hoseok FF. I know you didn't meet the precious sunshine in this chapter but you need to know your backstory Y/N 😊 and I swear it's relevant to the plot, I promise I promise!! I hope you enjoy my book Hoseok stans 😁!