03. whole lotta gang shit

A/N: I'm hella whipped for Keith. That's all, enjoy the book. 

I was hit with yet another pillow

"I...throw...told...throw...you...throw...some crackhead...throw...was gonna shoot up that party!" she said, throwing our couch pillows between words. 

I ran and hid behind the kitchen counter, almost knocking over a glass cup. "You were joking!"

She chased after me, this time holding one of my slides. "You coulda died!" she yelled, throwing the shoe at me. I ducked and it hit the glass cup, shattering it to pieces. "Aw shit."

Momma walked over to the other side of the counter, she looked up at me with glossy eyes. 

Please don't cry. If she cries then I cry and Pop says real men don't cry.

She wrapped her skinny arms around my torso squeezing me tightly, my arms wrapped her shoulders, I rested my chin on the top of her head.

"Isaiah, you aren't allowed to go to any more parties, you hear me?" she decided, her voice cracking slightly.

"Okay." 

"I can't lose you," Momma said softly, her voice like honey. 

"I love you," I replied. 

She gave me a tight squeeze before letting go, quickly wiping her eyes. "Get outta here, go take care of Shareese while I clean myself up. I ain't about to let y'all see me cry." She waved me off. I gave her a gentle smile before leaving the kitchen.

Reese laid spread out on the couch, an ice pack on her head and a bag of peas on her ankle. She was still wearing her outfit from last night, her makeup was smeared and she was missing one of her nails. 

She let out a long groan. "Everything hurts." 

I laughed. "Well, maybe you shouldn't have jumped on bro's back. He slapped the shit outta you." I said sitting down next to her.