14. swing

Bro this has 700 reads!! That's so dope that y'all for taking the time out of your day to read my dumbass story!! ;0

Don't forget to comment and vote ;)

November

November

Basketball season. 

The most stressful part of the year besides finals. 

It was the time of the year where everyone was watching you, scouts, coaches, and of course my father. Studying every move you made determining if you were worthy enough to play on their college team and maybe even earn yourself a scholarship. Not only did I have to keep my grades up but my Pop made it clear that I was supposed to eat, sleep, and breathe basketball. 

He was determined to make us win the championship this year since last year Travis Dean, who's now a freshman in college, made a bad play causing us to lose by one point at the last second.

Let's just say that was one of the reasons my father stopped coaching. 

The team practiced non-stop this week to prepare for our rival game against East coming up Friday. Drake and I were relieved to hear the high pitched screech of the coach's whistle, signaling that practice was over for the day. 

I said my goodbyes to the rest of the teams, going into the locker room to shower and put on my sweats. I couldn't leave practice smellin' musty, plus nobody used the showers after practice. I was met in the locker room by Coach Wells.

"Drake told me you'd me in here." he chuckled.

"Oh, wassup coach? You need anything?" I asked, confused.

"I just wanted to talk to you real quick before I head out." 

"Shoot."

He ran his hand through his large beard. "I hear there's a captain position open," he smiled. "You've been puttin' in good work Isaiah, you deserve a promotion."