Untitled Part 16

Chapter 15

One month later.

"I don't see why she has to be the one to give him a bath." Mike Codey muttered to himself.

"That my son is entirely your fault." Mike turned as his father entered the guest cottage. "Well let's be honest, it was that Codey temper and your big mouth that has that girl in there giving her future husband a sponge bath." The older man's taunts always had a way of making his hackles rise.

"You should be appalled to see your granddaughter in there with a naked man." Once again Walker Codey smiled.

"The boy's still unconscious, even if he wasn't. I doubt he'd even have the strength to get it up." His fathers' words had Mike Codey storming out of the cottage. The laughter only increased his anger. It'd been over thirty days now that his father had come back from the hospital spouting orders.

To his surprise, he had been followed by Nurse Baker who turned out to be a friend of his parents. It was then that he laid out his intentions. He intended to bring that Son-of-a-bitch who had taken advantage of his daughter back to their home. Not only that, he also intended on Nurse Baker living there until they recovered. The intention was for her to oversee Rocky and Zane's recovery.

Granted he had felt like a scum bag for having opened his mouth. Yet he was still seething. Especially after his daughter intended on also caring for Rocky, day and night. Mike had enough and put his foot down. Only to have been attacked by his father, wife, and daughter.

Well, what happened you ask? Here he was storming away from what once upon a time was Casey and his clubhouse. Now it was turned into a cottage where his only daughter was shacked up with her man and Nurse Baker. He stomped all the way home.

"You owe me $20 mom. I told you dad would come back angry." His son yelled when he walked into the house. Great, one more person to make fun of him. "Pop, you're growing old before your time." His only son Aiden chided as he stood up to hug him.

A smile made its way to his face. He truly did have a couple of honoree kids indeed. "When did you get home my boy?" His son had been away traveling the world. He would much rather have him there on the farm, but with the support of his grandparents, he opted for discovering life first.

"About an hour ago. It took about that long to get clued in on all the family drama. You guys should have called me." Mike sighed, remembering the ass chewing his father had given him for the same reason. Then his mother after she arrived a week ago having figured out something was up. He was pretty sure Nurse Baker had spilled the beans. She was the only one that hadn't seemed surprised or freaked out when his mother had stormed into the room.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Rocky Trevino, your ass better wake up soon," Hope muttered as she rung out the warm washcloth. "I'm thinking you're keeping yourself sleeping so I can wait on you hand and foot, literally." Her hand moved the washcloth down his leg as she spoke to him. Hope really was getting worried now. Every test had come back normal. He was out of the woods and the swelling had gone down. Why wasn't he waking up?

She didn't mind helping Nurse Baker take care of him, but she could tell he was starting to lose muscle mass. Even with all the range of motion exercises they were doing with him, he was still wasting away. That wasn't a good thing. She looked around and then walked over to the door and silently closed it.

The flutter in her heart never failed when she saw him laid out naked like that. Did he have to be completely naked for his bath? Did he have to be completely uncovered? Um hell yes, she loved the feel of his warm skin under her fingertips. It was the only way to reassure herself that he was still alive. For the last month, Hope had been enjoying keeping him clean. It had only been a couple of days ago that he had reacted to her touch when she washed his um, family jewels.