Chapter 14.1

On a deserted, cliff side mountain road in the middle of the night, a blue Bentley was speeding straight toward the roadside guardrails!

Behind the steering wheel, a handsome man with pale white skin, dark hair and appearance beautiful enough to steal the hearts of both men and women sat abnormally rigid in his seat with both hands on the wheel. He didn't move an inch to attempt to veer the vehicle off its course and he sat absolutely still, looking like an exquisite bisque doll. If it weren't for the pair of brilliantly shining blue eyes as a testament to the soul within, no one would believe him to be human.

There wasn't a single inkling of emotion on the man's face as he raced to his doom, but as he lifted his eyes to look at the two figures still visible in the rear view mirror, his blue eyes rippled with a devilish intent.

They wanted to kill him for his position as heir, his money and power? Then they could have it. The business that he had left behind was nothing more than an empty shell anyway. Everything of value had already been liquidated and sent to his sister's account overseas where she was starting a family of her own. Once they started to play and made one wrong move, the whole house of cards would come crumbling down, leaving them with no choice but to pick up the pieces that would definitely cause them to bleed.

Once that man lost the business he had spent his whole life building and he was left with nothing, he would finally see exactly what kind of snakes in human skin he kept around him and he would fall into the depths of despair.

Did they really think that after everything that man had done to his mother that he would slave away for him for so many years, building his empire for nothing? Dream on! From the start he had wanted to crush that son-of-a-bitch, leave him broken, without a home and desperate.

His mother had loved that man so much, to the point of madness that she even neglected everything and everyone around her, single mindedly pursuing him until her death, yet he still never turned to look in her direction even to the last moment when her corpse was carted off.

Once he thought of that beautiful woman from his memories, the expression in the man's eyes became very gentle and as the Bentley broke the guard rails and rushed over the edge, a small smile curved at the corner of his mouth and he closed his eyes.

It was as though he could once again feel that warm, gentle and loving embrace. He was back in his childhood, nestled safely in his mother's arms as she brushed his hair softly with her fingers.

The sunshine coming through the window lit up her back, making her look like the angel he always believed her to be. She wasn't that feral hounding woman that the world called a witch; she was gentle, sweet and loving and her attention was focused entirely on him, her golden eyes clear of all mindless infatuation.

"Kelvin, are you awake?"

Isabel watched as Kelvin's eyelids that had just fluttered slightly suddenly flew open and he stared up at her in wide eyed surprise. It was as though he really couldn't believe she was there.

"M- mommy?"

Seeing him awake, tears instantly pooled in Isabel's eyes and she pulled him into a gentle hug, holding him carefully, like she was afraid he would break if she hugged too hard.

"Kelly, you scared me to death. You've been asleep for three days with no signs of waking up and the doctors couldn't tell what was wrong with you. You silly boy, why didn't you tell me that you weren't feeling well when you woke up on Monday? You had a fever well over a hundred!"

Isabel was feeling very guilty; this was her fault. None of this would have happened if she had thought to check him before they left home.

After staying up well into the morning, drawing, she was then swept up in her first morning of school preparation and she was so tired that she hadn't noticed anything weird about him to check; but according to what Phoenix told her once she arrived at the hospital after Kim's call that day, he hadn't been feeling well since he woke up and started feeling even worse in the car, but because he hadn't wanted to wake up Isabel who was sleeping at that time, he told her not to say anything.

He fainted in the auditorium during morning assembly at school and was rushed to the hospital. The school called Kim who was the person that dealt with their guardianship related situations the most and she then called Isabel.

On arriving at the hospital, Isabel had almost been sent to reincarnate right after she had been reborn when Kelvin had two seizures in a row since the heat from the fever had gone to his head. She then became hysterical about the situation before gracefully fainting away for the next few hours.

She had regrettably missed the first promotion conference of 'My Lord, My Lady Season 5', but after waking up, that had been the least of Isabel's worries, because although his fever had gone down and his temperature was back to normal, no matter what they did the doctors couldn't get Kelvin to wake up although all his numbers showed that everything was okay

She had passed the last three nights sleepless at his bedside, only leaving to use the toilet and bathe in the bathroom adjoined to his room; she ate and rested on the sofa in the corner and like right now, she sometimes climbed onto the bed to hug him in her arms, just for comfort and peace of mind.

She had just been reborn with a chance to do things over, to live her life better; the worse thing would be to cause the death of her own son due to negligence.

Looking up at his mother as she pulled away to look at him with deep worry and affection, Kelvin could see that she was wearing a simple outfit of yoga pants and a baggy long sleeved shirt. Her hair was pinned up in a messy bun and there were dark circles under her eyes without a bit of makeup to hide it... she looked terrible, yet still very beautiful.

"Did you stay by my side the whole time?" His heart beat wildly with expectation as he looked up at her with innocent eyes. Isabel smiled as she caressed his cheek.

"Silly boy. If I didn't stay with you, where else was I supposed to go?"

Brushing his cheek with the pad of her thumb, Isabel then leaned forward to kiss his forehead deeply before stepping off of the bed and slipping on a pair of fuzzy cat slippers by the bedside.

"I'll go tell the doctor that you're awake, I'll be right back."

Kelvin nodded as he watched her leave. Once the door was closed, the little boy sank deep into the pillows behind him and stared at the ceiling before he suddenly laughed and covered his face with his small palms.

"I'm such an idiot!"

Two Years! That's how long it had been since he was reborn, two whole years! But because he had wanted to deny that any of the things he knew about the future were real, he repressed his memories to enjoy reliving the childhood bliss of his then four year old self when his mother still cared and his sister still knew how to smile and that poisonous man was still not a part of their lives.

If it hadn't been for the unrest caused in his heart by those countless worries that night when he realized his mother's intention to cut ties with Brycen, he may have continued to repress them and live in blissful ignorance until it was too late.

If he wasn't an idiot to allow all those terrible things to happen for a second time, then what was he? Whatever he was, it was certainly a complete waste of his 131 IQ.

Running his hand over the space on the bed next to him that still held Isabel's warmth, Kelvin slowly closed his eyes and recalled the memories of past life he had tried desperately to keep locked away.