2.1

"REJOICE IN YOUR PAIN, for you have the honour of-"

"Sorry, can you just hold on a second?" Scottie Casey asked. She rolled over slightly, her broken arm crumpled underneath her and causing her to wince at the pain.

"Excuse me?" The alien decked in armour and a cloak asked her, his eyes narrowing as the tall female alien stood slightly behind him with her staff raised offensively.

The small blonde haired girl tried to push herself back slightly, her left hand cradled to her chest as she clenched her teeth slightly at the pain that was echoing through her entire body. She groaned before looking back at the aliens, knowing that she was playing a dangerous game.

"Where is the location of the stone holder?" The man asked, his hands moving through the air and causing a thick shard of metal to drop on her already broken arm. Scottie screamed out in pain, sweat trickling down her forehead and mixing in with the blood from the various cuts that she had splayed across her face.

Oh how she wished she had just stayed in that hideous cell her life had revolved around for two years now. If only she'd just kept her head down.

"You might as well just kill me," she coughed out, blood spilling from her lips and dripping down her chin. Her eyes shined in the light of the fire that crackled around them. She was surprised her breathing hadn't gone yet, but she supposed there must have been some sort of oxygen supply that was keeping her alive, considering the fact they were thousands of feet under a large reserve. "Because I'll never tell you."

The man laughed, his grey skin barely moving as he held his hands in front of him. They folded themselves into a basket, reminding her of how Tony would sometimes do the same when he was concentrating on something.

Please work, Scottie thought. If her plan was to fail she would never get to apologise to the man for leaving him the way she did. But there had been no other choice.

"You humans," the woman started, her blue skin shining in the bare light as she held the staff above her head ready to strike the broken and bloodied girl for the final time. "So easy to kill."

While Scottie had never really been one for snappy one-liners, she knew that if she was going to die then at least she could die with the knowledge that Tony would have been proud of her if he had heard it. Scottie moved her hand that she had been cradling into her jacket out, her head tilting slightly as she clenched her teeth at the resistance her body had built up beginning to crack.

"That's the thing though," the girl spoke, a small smirk landing on her face. "I'm not human, bitch."

Slamming her hand outwards, she stopped resisting. The beam of sunlight shot straight out her palm, slamming into the two aliens who had been peering over at the broken girl. Scottie heaved slightly as the beam stopped, allowing her to notice the hole that she had blown into the side of the building. It took her a second before she realised what she had done.

"Aw shi-" she began to say, but her words were lost in as water cane slamming in through the hole, sending the girl swirling through the water around them.

____

T'Challa sighed as he looked down at his little sister with displeasure. He crossed his arms, rolling his eyes as he moved away from her.

"They are my sandals!" He huffed, fed up of the girl asking him again what he was wearing on his feet. She twitched slightly, her laughter filling the room as she moved to pick up one of the beads from her bracelet, making sure the black orb rolled back into place.

"Brother, they are horrible," she informed him, watching as he peered out of the window at where Nakia stood talking to the White Wolf. The man was collecting his weekly care package, something that he had agreed upon accepting once he had been woken from the cytogenetic coma that had helped fix his brain washing.