-16-

PARMUS

I tossed and turned that night, so when I was suddenly shaken awake I was ready to scream. My eyes went wide as I stared into Owen's bright green eyes. "It's snowing." My eyes went wide with excitement as I shot out of bed and over to the window.

Sliding the blinds aside I stared at the white filled grass in astonishment. I couldn't keep my eyes off of it as it fell to the ground slowly. Ready to be in the snow, I shot for the door. But before I reached it, Owen's arm wrapped around my waist. "Woah, you're not going out there until you bundle up." I stared down at my shorts and oversized t-shirt then nodded in agreement.

I pulled away and went in search of something to wear. It was five in the morning and I knew I wouldn't get back to bed so I decided to quickly do my morning routine. Grabbing my clothes I retreated into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. After I finished I changed into a pair of jeans and a thick hoodie. I slid on a pair of dark brown snow boots then left the bathroom.

Owen was seated at the edge of my bed staring out of the window when I walked in. His eyes met mine before he stood and walked towards me. He handed me a pair of black mittens while he placed the matching beanie on my head. I eyed the mittens, then him. "Thank you."

"My mother made them for you." He explained as he placed each mitten on my hands. "Your mother is very kind." His intense eyes bored down into mine. "She is." He brought his hand to my cheek as it slowly trailed its way down. My breathing began to get heavier as I bit my lip instinctively.

Out of nowhere he pulled away, but not before placing my hood over the beanie. "Let's go." He said after clearing his throat. Nodding, I followed after him.

Before I knew it we standing outside of the pack doors. My eyes scanned my surroundings as the snowflakes fell on my face. I walked off of the porch of the pack house and onto the snow-filled ground. "When was the last time you saw snow?" He asked as he joined me.

"It was a long time ago. I just remember Dalton throwing a snowball in my face and me crying to my mom." My eyes dropped down to the snow. The distant memory becoming too overwhelming to think about.

"Sounds like Brinn and me. She would always throw a tantrum and tell my parents whenever I did something she didn't like." I found myself laughing at the thought of Owen and Brinn as kids.

"Were you close to your mother?" My smile dropped as I looked up to meet his gaze. "I guess you could say that." I casted my gaze down to my shoes. "I don't like to talk about her." He nodded then reached for my gloved hand. My eyes stayed glued to his hand as he wrapped it around mine.

"Brinn and I used to stay up hours just playing in the snow. One time we stayed out too long and I got pneumonia." We both stared out into the distance as he told his story, neither of us taking our eyes off of the woods up ahead. "It was horrible, I was so weak I couldn't even get out the bed. Brinn begged my mom to see me but my mom didn't want Brinn to get sick next so she kept her away. But Brinn being Brinn, she always found a way." I turned to see him smiling at the distant memory.

"She would read to me outside of my room every night until I felt better. My mom only allowed for us to play in the snow for a few minutes at a time after that." He shoved his hands into his jacket pockets. "She sounds like a good sister." I stated.

He nodded in agreement. "Yeah, she is."

"Is Kohl adopted?" It was something I had wondered from the moment I met them. Brinn was awfully young and Kohl didn't resemble either her or her mate.

He nodded. "Yeah, they adopted him a few years back, but don't bring it up to her. It hurts her feelings and angers her wolf when people point out that Kohl isn't biologically hers."