Chapter 6: Pride's Punishment

Grinning at others amazement of how work, Katsuki couldn't help but puff his chest like the hero All Might, feeling proud of himself.

"Nekochi you are so cool!" His red eyes trailed towards the frail child in front of him beaming with great admiration.

"Of course I am!" Katsuki answered as he watches you brighten up and waddle to him for a hug. Normally Katsuki would just push anyone else who will hug him.

But you, eh he doesn't mind. Because you have a special place in his heart..

He can still recall the day he first laid eyes on you.

[---Flashback Start---]

Katsuki laughed with his friends as they kicked a rubber ball around. Suddenly one of hos friends kicked the ball too hard and it hit a young girl playing in the sandbox.

With a light yelp she fell to her knees holding the spot on her head where it was hit sobbing.

"Oops"

"Uh oh.."

"I am not gonna get the ball.." The boys spoke between each other not wanting to get caught by a parent or teacher. With a huff Katsuki decided to get the ball himself. "You all are just a bunch of babies!" He teased as he confidently walked over to the girl.

"Hey!" He called but despite it not being a shout the girl flinched and started to tremble visibly.

"Sorry about the ball—" Katsuki blinked in surprise as his eyes met the ones of the girl's.

Her emerald doe eyes appeared to be shimmering from the sun's rays and her form trembled like a baby rabbit. That alone made Katsuki speechless.

Katsuki was stuck in a trance like gaze that he didn't notice you holding the ball out for him to take.

"... here..." She spoke softly.

The sound of her voice snapped him out and a blush slightly appeared on his cheek. "O-Oh! Thank you..!" He grinned taking the item into his arms.

"Your welcome and becareful okay?" The green haired girl smiled sweetly.

"Okay! My name is—Aaah!!" Without warning Katsuki's friends cheered and dragged him away. Looking back to the girl, Katsuki sent a wave to the girl who shyly waved back, a large grin splasterd on his face.

[---Flashback End---]

"Nekochi, come on, we are gonna be late!" You say and grabbed his hand breaking into a dash.

Katsuki smirked in amusement as he watches you try to drag him along but gotten tired doing so.

To be honest, despite all the years he spent with you, you were always... weak. Katsuki knows that you mean well but it is very clear to many that you always seem weak at heart and strength.

And when the day you were deemed quirkless came. It gave Katsuki all the more reason to look out for you.

{---}

"Buns, step back, I will handle it!" Katsuki said to you as he picked up the slightly heavy pail filled with water and walked to the sandbox.

"Th-Thank you Nekochi!" You smiled brightly at him.

{--}

"Buns careful, your dress with get dirty." Katsuki spoke as he helped you onto the large but low rock.